LOOK TO THE LIGHT | 2017 URBAN GLADIATOR JAPAN DECEMBER 2015 | OSAKA SEOUL MARCH 2016 | YEOUIDO & NAKSAN BOHOL JULY 2016 | PART 2

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Controlled Chaos

The true heat has come to Manila and it is here to stay. I've never been one to enjoy the summer so it's been extra tough thinking of ways to look fashionable with as little effort as possible. The heat is just that bad. Right now, I'm pretty much holed up at home playing Persona 5 enjoying my Easter break. Super extended holidays is probably the only thing I like about UST. As usual, it's insanely satisfying to detach from a toxic school environment and play the game I've been waiting for for about 5 years! If you guys own a PS4, Persona 5 definitely deserves to be played!!!

But that's enough of my fanboying. Haha! The easiest way to look good, especially in this heat, is to invest in mandarin collar tops. Low structured collars are flattering to the neckline and jawline without feeling strangling like the usual collars. I also discovered these skinny joggers from Penshoppe with a classy take on ripped jeans! Instead of distressing, the holes were left there on purpose and sewn. It's clean but also very refreshing which is perfect for me. It's definitely very interesting if you've never tried ripped jeans before but when you get used to it, you sort of get curious to try other styles. Hoping to try actual ripped jeans next time if I can find ones that aren't too expensive! Because come on. *Ripped* jeans. My Chinese sensibilities won't allow me to buy clothes that are already destroyed. :|

Anyway, finish off with minimal but structured sneakers and a casual watch and you've pretty much got the perfect Sunday summer outfit!

ZALORA mandarin collar shirt, Penshoppe skinny joggers, Casio watch, ADIDAS Originals NMD R1 sneakers.

9 comments:

  1. Hey you are looking cool. I think the feeling about ripped jeans is common for Indians too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to try out a shirt like that, but those pants with the hole at the knee is too millennial for me. Hehe. I recognize those shoes as Adidas NMDs. I had some friends rushing to buy the newest model for men on first day of release last Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shirt looks comfy. I'd go with shorts at this really hot weather. Ripped jeans would feel cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I truly agree that summer in the Philippines could really be hot. Anyway, you always never fail me to learn something new when it comes to fashion. I like the new shirt you wore, you look good on that. I think that's perfect for this weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great with those outfits bro! Keep it real!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can totally relate to you. The situation isn't much different in southern India. The heat is so much that its just not possible to enjoy it, and dressing up in this heat is out of question! Glad you managed something at all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like you, my African sensibilities won't allow me to buy clothes that are destroyed either! Hahaha! I like the strategic cut at the knees of these pants... very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes ripped jeans look cheap! This is the first time, I find them so classy...Those shoes is a great steal too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Try a few more rips to see if it fits that style more! Haha... there's so many outfits over here in Singapore with the ripped effect~

    ReplyDelete