LOOK TO THE LIGHT | 2017 URBAN GLADIATOR JAPAN DECEMBER 2015 | OSAKA SEOUL MARCH 2016 | YEOUIDO & NAKSAN BOHOL JULY 2016 | PART 2

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sundays In Earth Tones

So I haven't posted in a while and that's with good reason: I swear that I don't think I've ever been so busy in my life and I'm barely halfway into the school year! By some miracle, deadlines were moved and I managed to shed most of the workload by sleeping later than I usually do trying to finish what I need to finish. After I type out this blog post, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be spending the rest of the day trying to finish as much of the work as I can. Also, I'm blogging for the first time on my new laptop which makes me giddy every time I look at it! I've recently upgraded to an ASUS X500LN which is better by leaps and bounds than my old MacBook (May it rest in peace. LOL) in terms of every single aspect! To be fair, my MacBook was the really *really* old one. It wasn't even in an aluminum body yet. Anywho, I might post a quick review with my experience using it here on the blog as my very first tech review of sorts and see how it pans out.

Whoaaa, that's a long intro. Haha! Time for the outfit of the day! Read on to learn more about this outfit! :)



This was what I wore to the Big Big MOA Sale a few weeks back. I think this is one of the rare times that I wore a brown shirt, if not the first time for this blog, and I'm really surprised at how much I liked how this outfit turned out! I've always been very inspired by fall fashion because of my natural attraction towards deep and rich colors since I was very young. I'd always prefer dark colors while most people my age would go for brights and neons all the way. Just because the Philippines only experiences either crippling heat or pouring rain doesn't mean we can't get in on the fall trends! That is, other than the pretty coats. Haha!

Obsessed with this faux inner sleeved shirt that I got from Human a while ago. I rarely buy brown colored tops and I don't even know why. I'm so happy there are local brands like Human who aren't afraid to produce pieces that aren't the usual 3/4 tops and raglans.

My one and only burgundy bag makes yet another appearance on the blog. It's rich vintage red and antique hardware combination is so perfect for fall fashion I cannot even. It can store so much and is incredibly affordable at about 700 bucks from The SM Store. :D

Aaaand I'm finally looking at the camera here! LOL my friends who read my blog have been bugging me to look at the camera for once because the "looking away" pose is getting old. Haha! If you guys are reading this, I hope you're happy. :D

White sneakers for that nice sporty vibe and great contrast to the super dark outfit!

Human top, UNIQLO jeans, K-Swiss sneakers, The SM Store bag. (Hype this look on lookbook here!)

I hope everyone's enjoying their long weekend! I will unfortunately be working my butt off for the next few days!! Wish me luck! Also, tell me what you think of this outfit! :)

17 comments:

  1. I also like how inner sleeve shirts. You look great here and good luck on your deadlines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous in brown, this color hides in itself all the beauty of autumn, the bag is so dandy and cool, and the sneakers contrast to the brown ensemble and make your style inimitable and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mix isn't too bad, just that the colours of the photo had washed out the colours of your apparel.
    It would be nice if the colours of your clothing can be the main focus than the overall atmosphere created by the wash out sepia tone.

    Cheers~
    Pingerrain*Priscilla
    http://www.pingerrain.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your bag a lot! I really like bags that can easily mix and match with outfits and are practical at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very amused, not by your great photos but your paragraph about your recent updates... If you read mine, it's about how I was torned between a Macbook and Asus too and chose Macbook in the end! How hilarious that we made a different choice at around the same period of time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gotta do an earth tone-inspired ootd. On most days, I'm in black.
    The colors really look good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that bag.. It makes quite a statement! Congratulations o your new laptop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like earth tones too! I also like the bag very much, so thanks for telling me where to buy it and for how much. Is the bag available in other colors too?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Earth tones are always the best combination in my opinion. Makes everything feel real.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great sneaks and I love the earth tones you are rocking! I think your burgundy bag is great for all the bloggy stuff you can put in there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You brown outfit looks handsome for you. You know how to mix-match to your dressing passion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the bag, sneakers and that faux inner shirt look. Very stylish. Brown is not a color I wear much either. When I do, I love it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great outfit! I really like the shoes and the bag, accesories do make the look :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The outfit is great, but seems like something is missing, may be sunglasses or scarf !!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Earth colors really have a nice appeal. By the way i love the sneakers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those sneakers - I love them! Just the sort I'd love to buy for my tween son! ;)

    ReplyDelete