LOOK TO THE LIGHT | 2017 URBAN GLADIATOR JAPAN DECEMBER 2015 | OSAKA SEOUL MARCH 2016 | YEOUIDO & NAKSAN BOHOL JULY 2016 | PART 2

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Basics 2.0


Taking a break from all the Dubai travel posts! Haha! Here's a quick style post for a change of pace.

It's been a while since I've been in shorts and I think it's pretty much a struggle now to wear anything else! The heat has been insane which makes me wish we were back in those sweater-worthy February days.Today's style post is all about basics (No surprise there. LOL) and how today's trends actually helped modernize these timeless staples!

I can't say enough good things about this sweatshirt from Forever 21. It's something we've seen since forever (Pun unintended.) but F21 added these pockets with a shiny silver zipper enclosure that gave it a subtle accent and a bit more character. These hidden little add-ons are what I live for. Haha!

I don't really know why I was so drawn to it but it's such a simple design that ironically can't be seen anywhere else! Plus, this sweater doesn't have fleece lining which is a good thing so it can double as a top on cool days. It is, however, thick enough to warm you up as needed!

Also, current favorite watch is the classic Diver watch of Oxygen Paris! I've always wanted my own ever since I saw the likes of David Guison and Camille Co sport these a few years back and it's just been so expensive I couldn't wrap my head around the idea of actually getting one. Luckily, on my last trip to Paseo at Laguna, they were on sale! Half off!! I couldn't turn that down so I got myself this gold/bronze/maroon piece. I can't get over how unique the colorway is! No regrets. Absolutely no regrets.

You know boots are perfect when they *still* look good on short people wearing shorts. It's been my experience that I cannot pull off the "shorts with boots" look like other people do. I always end up wearing low cut shoes because high cut shoes threw too much attention to the legs and somehow made me feel like my legs were twice their size! I later realized this was because they made me look shorter than I already am. So amazed though that this isn't the case with my Palladium boots. I smell a #HolyGrail award.

21 Men Sweater, Palladium boots, SM Accessories silver cuff, OXYGEN Paris watch.

What do you think? :)




20 comments:

  1. love the boots..and that sweater, classic with a unique pocket detail. Nice!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being in shorts is my default look on weekend especially because of the warm weather. You look great with this ensemble of shorts, sweatshirt and boots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realised that you are quite into grey and browns! The green watch is unique against your outfit and yet not too eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not everyone can pull off wearing shorts and still look good. But with the right top and accessories it is possible like this one. Gonna rummage through my husband's closet and see if he can do the same. Haha. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice watch! Nice boots too. Though I do not know if I can pull those boots off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the shoes! Casual yet stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice coordination laid back style. I like your Palladium boots :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the top <3 It's so comfy! Nice style you got there :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being a watch lover myself, I cannot help but smile as soon as I saw the timepiece you are wearing. That plus the boots completed the whole outfit. Beautiful post by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The basic gray top is a must-have in every guy's closet. You can pair it with anything and match with tons of accessories and still look decent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This watch really looks awesome !! Overall pairing is quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool attire and it keep you looking and feeling cool. Always remember, no matter how cool the style is, if it doesn't fit you, do not wear it. And this definitely, boost your style level instantly. Don't worry if you are not into it, just wear it with style..that's it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice. We should wear what we love to........thats it........

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how you described the sweater; very meticulous of you. Great in doing the combination. I agree with the boots, they do match with shorts for small people. It would totally look awkward on tall guys. I've seen some and it looked really ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Parang ako lang. (Just like me).. Love your shoes dude but I prefer my old, reliable "Take a Walk" sneakers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rocking some gorgeous casuals. You always look great in your clothes. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your palladium boots work well with anything, so I'm not surprised that it matches your shorts! I'm surprised you wore a sweatshirt in this weather!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the shoe, so unique and perfect for a casual. You always give an amazing review on new stuff.

    ReplyDelete