LOOK TO THE LIGHT | 2017 URBAN GLADIATOR JAPAN DECEMBER 2015 | OSAKA SEOUL MARCH 2016 | YEOUIDO & NAKSAN BOHOL JULY 2016 | PART 2

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Dubai 2014 Photo Diary: Part 2


The second major part of my Dubai travel diaries is more focused on touring the amazing parts of the city! For our lunch, we had the privilege of visiting the famous Burj al Arab's Junsui restaurant!


The interiors were beyond beautiful but I literally couldn't stop thinking about the technical planning that went into this structure. #ArchitectureStudentProblems Haha!

We had lunch at Junsui and it was amazing but as you can see, we were nearing sunset when we got there because we were so incredibly delayed! In fact, the staff was already advising us to take the food that we wanted to eat because they were about to clear it all away in preparation for their dinner menu! I guess this is always going to be the problem with group tours.

Basically, we were so rushed I didn't get to take pictures of the food. However, if you're ever here, you should *definitely* try the buffet out at least once! You won't regret it.

Just across the Burj al Arab is this awesome-looking resort that we didn't visit. The architecture here is just so unreal.

Next, we made a quick stop at Mall of the Emirates, which by the way, is impossible to photograph from the outside because of the size of the place. It's such a huge mall and the addition of the famous Ski Dubai made it even bigger!

Right from the entrance from the parking lot, you'll be led to this large atrium with beautiful Chanel lanterns. Even the Christmas decor is too fab for you. Haha!


I think the most fun thing about malls in Dubai is that Filipinos are literally everywhere that you tend to forget that you're in a foreign country. When I close my eyes, it almost feels like I'm just in Trinoma. Haha! Except, the stores here are waaaaay more complete. Wish more brands would come to the Philippines already!

Cara Delevigne swag at the background.


Will be posting my Ski Dubai experience soon on the blog, but for now, I'm going to show you guys the tallest tower in the world, the Burj Khalifa!

You can get to the Burj Khalifa through the Dubai Mall which is one of the largest malls in the world! I would've given anything to have been able to shop around even for *just* a little bit. But then, #GroupTourProblems we were again rushed to the Burj Khalifa to ride the elevator to the top.

There was a super long line but then again, almost everyone was from my tour group because that's how many we were. *Sigh* but anyway, the elevator itself was pretty cool. Instead of an LED sign, the whole thing is projected onto the doors so you can be amazed at how fast this thing goes.

I didn't like how bizarrely long we waited at a point halfway through the tower though. We were standing at this long hallway for about an hour and it seemed like the line didn't move at all. :|

Once at the famous Top of Burj Khalifa, you can finally see the amazing Dubai skyline which is about a million times better at night.


You don't really need to stay that long though because it all starts to look the same after a few minutes. Sadly, I didn't really feel like the incredibly long wait was worth it, but I appreciate the experience all the same. However, I can't ignore how much of a missed opportunity it was to *not* have been able to go around the humungous mall that stood underneath us.

Hope you guys don't make the same mistake during your visit! :)

23 comments:

  1. wow, the photographs just spell one word: lavish! the architecture really looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The architecture in Dubai is spectacular! Your photos are simply stunning! Too bad about your lunch at Junsui, and the missed opportunity to tour the mall... But, that just means you'd have to come back, right? :D Anyway, Dubai has been in my bucketlist of places to visit. Hopefully I'll get to go super soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my after seeing your photos it makes me want to visit Dubai even more. I've always had a lot for architecture and the views here are truly amazing. You got some great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Dubai truly has a world class architectural design of their buildings. They look all awesome. Nice shoot collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Dubai City where my fiction books "OFW" got its storyline. The government really wanted Dubai City to be the Metropolis of the Gulf Countries and the Middle East. Happy and sad memories lingered on my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dubai City is highly engineered city in the world. It is my dream that someday I could visit the most progressive city in the world. I have not read or heard about the peace and order situation in that said place. How is it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you really captured Dubai at its finest. Such extravagance is displayed there everywhere. Can't wait to visit and see it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My parents been to Dubai before. Looking at their photos, this is definitely worth to travel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the patterns and colours and the editing you do to enhance the images! Best of the few right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a shame about the rush with food at the Burj al Arab - amazing pictures though. The Mall looks stunning, all dressed up for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Architectural wonders indeed in these photos. The interior designs are all so sophistacated. They love metal motifs, so modern.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow such amazing images,dubai is no doubt a great organized city and that resort lookng just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome photos that makes me want to visit this place. No doubt Burj al Arab is a must-see place for travelers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dubai really has the most amazing architectures in the world.. Adding the place to my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. the interior and exterior is beautiful. the view is amazing and i want to see this for myself one day

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for an honest review and feedback on the city. I've heard much about Dubai,and had always wondered if I'd really wanna to visit the man-made miracle. Appreciate the pictures.

    Best, Ling
    www.kidsonboard.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have not really decided if I want to go to Dubai any time soon but my howe wants to. I like your photos though - tells me that there a lot to see in Dubai. And, the place is practically postcard-perfect where everything is almost an architectural masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just had a look at dubai airport while in transit so did some shopping around there and place looks beautiful. Here your photographs are making it more glorious,architecture and colours are too lively.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dubai is such an amazing and beautiful country in the middle east. Its even a shopping haven. I have plans visiting dubai maybe around 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Mall of the Emirates is a very luxurious mall, i m fascinated by it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This place is so so amazing! Looks so luxury and I really love its architecture!~ Wish to visit there someday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW! The architecture is just jaw-dropping! You're very fortunate to see these buildings and surrounding with your bare eyes. Thank you for sharing it with us virtually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning view and capture! I have always wanted to visit Dubai. What a lovely place to visit with the family.

    ReplyDelete