LOOK TO THE LIGHT | 2017 URBAN GLADIATOR JAPAN DECEMBER 2015 | OSAKA SEOUL MARCH 2016 | YEOUIDO & NAKSAN BOHOL JULY 2016 | PART 2

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Comfortably Edgy With Palladium

Trying to be less polished and a bit more edgy has always been challenging for me. I would try it then look at myself, and I don't believe for one minute that I can actually carry the look. I personally think it's super important that you believe in what you wear; that it actually still embodies you as a person and that it shouldn't be the other way around. Buying something like boots from Palladium was definitely one of those moments when I seriously questioned if I could even pull it off.
So I tried it again. Read on and tell me what you think!



This look definitely puts my boots on the spotlight as I dressed even more simply than I already usually do. Believe it or not, even with brown boots that can apparently go with anything, I had to do some serious thinking about what I would wear with it. #PerfectionistProblems

Anywho, I borrowed this super loose henley shirt from my younger brother who stands at a scary six feet which meant he had tons of comfy shirts I could borrow because of his taller frame. Haha! I really liked how relaxed and effortless it looked. Leave it to Uniqlo to keep shelling out the best basics!

Simple arm party to keep the outfit chill. I don't even remember the last time I piled on my woven bracelets and baller bands. Haha!

Then, of course, my newly acquired Palladium boots!! I've always always *always* wanted a pair ever since David Guison started wearing them on his blog and showing me tons of ways to style them. *Bows down in reverence* LOL for those who don't know, Palladium is a french brand that boasts an amazing array of boot designs that range from simple high-cut ones to legit military-grade boots. The material of the soles is actually the same rubber used for the tires of fighter jets which is pretty cool and is also a testament as to how sturdy these babies are!

At the moment, I find myself avoiding leather shoes because unless the shoes are made with real leather, it's just going to chip and degrade eventually and it just becomes this incredibly sad occasion when you have to say goodbye to a pair of shoes that you once really really loved and paid a lot of money for. Trying to orient myself towards shoes that I can actually invest in. These canvas boots from Palladium, though pricey for 3750php, I can definitely see myself using for literally decades to come. The build is incredibly solid and the canvas can always be washed whenever the need arises. Not to mention, these boots are incredibly comfy. It took me just a few minutes to get used to the arch support and I'm pretty sure I will be using this pair on many upcoming travels! :D

Uniqlo shirt and jeans, SM Accessories silver bracelets, Palladium boots. (Hype this look on lookbook here!)

I hope everyone is safe after #MarioPH. I know I got pretty scared when the rain just didn't seem to be stopping and the flood kept rising. I even heard that a med student at my college died after coming in contact with a live wire (And another, I think, is in critical condition) near the campus!

Hopefully, that'll be it for this year with the storms. Take care, guys!

19 comments:

  1. The brown boots and jeans are a perfect pair. You carried yourself with style and cozy look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really nice boots! I also prefer shoes made of fabric that can be washed over leather that just completely dies in our climate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your brother is 6 ft tall, how tall are you? Those shoes look great. I wish I am more "galante" when it comes to spending for my clothes. When you are a family man, your kids become the priority in the spending. - Fred

    ReplyDelete
  4. The super loose henley shirt and the stylish jeans perfectly match together but the accessories put the finishing touch to this cool outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Palladium is a French brand, my daughter have been bugging me to own a pair, that's black. I want to buy her, but it may be a while to do so, for I have to save on that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are some pretty great boots! I love the colour and yes, you have succeeded in pulling off the look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The design of the boots is trendy nowadays. My dad would want that only if he can wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool! I don't have any boots because I don't think I could carry it as comfortably as you do. While reading though, I got the idea of why not trying one. I might as well post my own look if I get to buy for me a pair.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those boots look very stylish and you wear them well! However I am more accustomed to wearing safety work boots than fashionable one's more important that my feet stay safe and dry after a full day working in the Garden and on the Farm. Nice blog, your writing style is superb. Thanks for sharing your boots from Palladium.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Palladium boots is cool! But it's not suitable for wet weather right? I think the material will spoil if they are exposed to water... definitely not a footwear for rainy season? Love the look of it though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your outfit looks comfortable. Simple yet classy especially with the boots.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The palladium boots are awesome!! And yes I agree, that the your ensemble makes your boots standout.. good strategy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the outfit, really edgy and manly. however, perhaps you should dabble with the hem of your jeans. not sure if tucking it into the boots will work, but folding them up above your boots cut short your legs pretty bad.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the look. Kind of bad boy but approachable. The boots kind of give the "I'd go anywhere with you" vibe

    ReplyDelete
  15. If that ain't much pricey, that boot seems perfect for a simple outing whether casual or serious matters. Now that (up there)... is a bad book look. no need to put the hashtag right there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The boots are really cool! I like them a lot. And the outfit looks really good on you. You pull it off very well :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice attire, the boots are nice!~

    ReplyDelete
  18. I didn't know Palladium boots had arch support, that's a great feature to have especially if you plan on walking with them on a whole day. I might drop by Palladium to see which style best suits me.

    ReplyDelete