LOOK TO THE LIGHT | 2017 URBAN GLADIATOR JAPAN DECEMBER 2015 | OSAKA SEOUL MARCH 2016 | YEOUIDO & NAKSAN BOHOL JULY 2016 | PART 2

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Coordinate

Another denim on denim number today. I've been dying to do something like this ever since I saw Tricia Gosingtian sport a denim dress with grey New Balance sneakers way back when and have been trying to find a pair for myself! Luckily, I stumbled across this amazing pair from Muji that I know I'll be treasuring for the rest of my life! Haha! Read on to see more details of this outfit!


Easy way to look chic these days is going monochromatic while playing a bit with texture and pops of color. I've been trying to perfect effortless relaxed styling especially since the heat doesn't seem to be letting up in Manila despite the coming of the rainy season.

Nothing says effortless like this Mandarin collar denim shirt from Topman! Will probably use this as a lightweight jacket when I go overseas, but right now, it's the perfect relaxed top for a day out.


Oxblood bag for a livelier color palette.


I promised myself that if I were ever to get a pair of legitimately athletic sneakers, I'd get them in a color that I was always going to wear just in case this was only a passing trend. So happy Muji released these sneakers in so many amazing colors - also available black, maroon, green, and navy. Believe me when I say, it was a struggle not getting them all. Perhaps if these weren't so expensive at 2500 bucks a pair, I would! Haha!

Still, how awesome is it that they're complete dupes of New Balance designs! (Would still totally love a pair of Nike Internationalist and Classic New Balances, though) I personally live for discoveries like this. Less chances of having the same pair with other people. LOL

TOPMAN mandarin collar denim button-down, UNIQLO chambray shorts, Bench watch, MSENSE by The SM Store bag, MUJI sneakers.

What do you think? :D






19 comments:

  1. I'm always afraid to try out the denim on denim style since I'm not good at mix-matching the different shades of denim like how others are doing it. Thanks for making me realize that it doesn't have to be opposite shades; it can actually be similar or close-enough shades combined. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love denim since I was young but my favourite denim blouse cannot fit anymore. It's size S, now I am XL size, how time fly. l like your matching of denim with shoes and bag, very nice :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think a lot of people can pull off the denim on denim look, but you did effortlessly. I love the sneakers! Muji it is, just have to work on 1 or 2 articles to come up with the 2500 bucks I'm going to need to purchase a pair for the husband haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love denim! I have this faux denim boyfriend shirt that I use all. the. time. I love this look, very casual and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great look, denim on denim is definitely becoming a strong fashion again. I love the denim linen look of your shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should follow this blog from now on. I find it hard to pair up everything so I end up wearing just anything I could grab from the closet. Cool styling,dude!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love denim but sadly i can't pull it off! haha! I remember when i first saw it on instagram, I immediately bought one online and when i try it out the fit is not okay. Anyways nice OOTD.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like wearing stuff where it is difficult to tell what brand I am wearing. Those muji shoes look good. Just the thin I wanted if only it weren't expensive. ha! -katrina centeno

    ReplyDelete
  10. Umm, denim on denim is just not exactly my thing, I'm afraid, and this is not a look I really like... Nice shoes though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Though I love seeing people wearing stylish clothing, trendy or whatever for it is fitting for them to wear it. Personally, I have no taste or preference on what to wear. I have not ever since followed a trend on wearing clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bag is awesome, and the color pops out. I'm glad denim is making a comeback.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do not think a denim shirt will be good for me as it was for you. Maybe as a light "jacket" over a white t-shirt maybe. Thanks for the intro to Muji shoes, will check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love denim! Unfortunately, I'm now stuck with leggings because I look really fat on denim now. :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. These days this is my hubby's favourite combo and it looks really great with a pair of nice shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. you are so cool in your get up. I am not into denims stuff , but I do like your bag.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Try learning some different poses from fashion magazines. I always feel awkward to pose for photos, and I find learning from magazine works!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the blue theme of your outfit. It's simple yet it leaves a mark.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like your denim shirt, its so comfy and cool. Denim is in this summer

    ReplyDelete