LOOK TO THE LIGHT | 2017 URBAN GLADIATOR JAPAN DECEMBER 2015 | OSAKA SEOUL MARCH 2016 | YEOUIDO & NAKSAN BOHOL JULY 2016 | PART 2

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Nothing Like Comfort Food in Kettle

Feels like forever since my last food review! Probably because I've been to lazy to bring the camera with me everywhere I go. Anyway, I was so happy when I finally got to try Kettle at SM Aura! I've been hearing tons about this place because of their buttermilk chicken but my family's never gotten around to trying it because Taguig is far from where I live. Read on for the full review!


The interior of Kettle is really cozy - a mix of modern touches and details reminiscent of an old American diner. It was so perfect for the comfort food that they served!



Sadly, we came on a Sunday and did not get to try the Spicy version of the Buttermilk Chicken. We were definitely not disappointed with the food though!

Kettle House Salad (PHP339) - The mix of bacon and candied nuts made this dish more indulgent but I really loved the balance of the fancy grated cheeses and homemade vinaigrette! Great start to the meal.

Smoked Salmon Salad (PHP259) - I found this salad to be more fresh-tasting, probably because it had more classic salad components. Again, you can't go wrong with smoked salmon and mixed greens. It tasted so good that it kind of took centerstage in this dish. Delicious with the dill dressing!

Truffle Gorgonzola Pasta (PHP289) - Another rich dish that I loved. Ugh. Even though it didn't taste like anything I haven't had before, it tasted so good! Delicious subtle notes of truffles with the unique flavor of gorgonzola. It was creamy and sinful and I want to have it again.

Australian Lamb Adobo (PHP449) - Lamb is one of my favorites and this dish by Kettle only reinforced this. It didn't exactly taste like classic Adobo which I felt was a good thing. It was tangy and juicy, and the flavored rice was a match made in heaven with the lamb.

Mac and Four Cheese (PHP269) - A super fancy approach to the classic Mac N Cheese. Suddenly, a lot sophistication blends in with a classic dish. The "cheese" part had a lot of depth that really defines the dish as the ultimate comfort food.

Miso Glazed Salmon (PHP559) - I was a bit disappointed with this one not because it didn't taste good but because it tasted really ordinary. Definitely the prettiest dish of the lot, but the noodles lacked flavor. Without the Mango Cilantro Salsa on top, this wouldn't taste like anything. I liked it though but it just felt like something's missing. :(

Buttermilk Fried Chicken (PHP519) - Now for the most awaited dish! I've been hearing all my favorite bloggers rant about this and I have to say that it lived up to all my expectations. It's served with a chili honey dip, homemade gravy, and honey jalapeno cornbread. SO PERFECT. The chicken itself is tender and flavorful. Definitely a must-try dish!

Quickly summing it up, I really loved the food at Kettle. It has all these revamped classic comfort food that you can't help but love! So. Good.

Kettle is located at 5F of SM Aura, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig.


17 comments:

  1. The Kettle House salad is superb for its healthy ingredients. The overall photos of the foods are great, likewise the place. Really great to dine here indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. buttermilk fried chicken? I've only heard of buttermilk pancakes! this BFC sounds really interesting. will love to try it if I have the chance to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pricey :( But I would love to try their buttermilk. Based on the photo and how you described it, seems like it's a must try ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. aus lamb and buttermilk chix captures my eyes. I wanna try those when I visit Aura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice looking like all the other restaurants in SM Aura, but also just as pricey. Definitely only for special occasions for me or my family. We are not really foodies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I want to go there! The place looks nice and the food too! You think it's child-friendly ba? I have two boys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kettle House looks like you are in Paris having a cup of coffee. Very cute ambiance and food looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the layout of the restaurant already! But the food looks rather too rich and heavy. Nice hangout place to see and be seen i guess ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Restaurant is looking very nice and more cafe type of a look. Salad looks so healthy and yummy, first time i have heard buttermilk chicken but quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The ambiance of the restaurant looks quite n ice.,It will be perfect for a brunch with my bffs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The mac and four cheese looks delicious. I would also like the Australian Lamb Adobo. It would be good to try the place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Buttermilk fried chicken is my favorite! I love the atmosphere in the restaurant. You can be seen from the outside, but it looks very cozy and quiet inside.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The buttermilk fried chicken looks really good! But your photos are a little on the dark side, is it because of your colour editing or is it the real lighting? Want to try the kettle house salad too~

    ReplyDelete
  14. The smoke salmon salad looks promising but the buttermilk fried chicken looks spicy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i'm really into the smoke salmon salad .omg all the food looks so tempting and i'm hungry now ,nice post

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are yummy dishes especially that Australian Lamb Adobo . Its been years since I have my last lamb meal. The place interior is just cool.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm usually lazy to bring out my DSLR too!!! Hahaxxx.... Pretty pictures and nice food..... Make me hungry..... Love your post ;)

    ReplyDelete