LOOK TO THE LIGHT | 2017 URBAN GLADIATOR JAPAN DECEMBER 2015 | OSAKA SEOUL MARCH 2016 | YEOUIDO & NAKSAN BOHOL JULY 2016 | PART 2

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Sport Luxe

Looks like athletic-inspired, or "Sport Luxe," fashion is here to stay and I love how it gives me sort of an excuse to dress more for comfort than I already do. Haha! I've seen all of my favorite bloggers sport (pun unintended) this kind of look and do it oh so flawlessly! I've said it time and again that joggers are a short person's bane and I can definitely vouch for it. The problem was always that it made me look sloppy and a bit shorter. And it wasn't until I saw David Guison's look until I figured out a way around this problem. Read on to see what I mean! :)

Again, the blazer takes centerstage in this look, and I will probably try an all-dark look in the future but as for now, I made a more summer-appropriate choice with my signature neutral color palette of greys and browns. I'd like to think I put my own spin on David's super cool look, would you agree? :)

Instead of a sharp look, I went for a soft, relaxed feel that's perfect for lazy weekends. The blazer itself is loose and breezy which makes it *the* exception for dressing in this weather. No surprise there, this blazer is also from Uniqlo. It was part of their older collection way before they made it more structured like the one I wore here. Officially one of my favorite staples EVER.


Nabbed this cool foldover tote messenger from when I visited the Craft Collective Bazaar in Glorietta the week before. I hadn't planned on buying a bag, but this design comes so rarely in the Philippines that I knew I just had to get it! Also, I love that this was made by local Marikina company, De Alcantara. They have a ton of beautiful designs that are hard to find and are made in great quality too! Despite the lack of structure of this bag, it's surprisingly padded and I can see myself bringing it with me on trips where I just bring my smaller Fujifilm camera! :)

If you want to check them out, you can see some of their designs available at Lazada here! Super affordable and super lovely!

Excuse the dorky socks. Haha! Wore ankle socks because these sneakers still need breaking in and scrape against the back of my feet.


UNIQLO blazer and top, Penshoppe joggers, Zalora sneakers, Lacoste watch, De Alcantara bag.

LOL at the family photobombing behind me. So what do you think of my own version of David Guison's look? :)

28 comments:

  1. you look great on neautral colors however, I find your blazer bigger on your usual sized blazers (on some of your previous ootd)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good for this month of June. As we know, June in the Philippines means rainy season, so that blazer is very useful especially to all working college studs or just a professional students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great except for the blazer. Parang mainit pa rin yansa katawan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This OOTD is comfy and stylish at the same time. Soft, relaxed, and neutrals go well together, perfect for lunch outs with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I realize that you prefer earthy colours and always take fashion photos in that colour scheme. Is there a particular reason?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always felt they suited me better than bold colors. Also they're eternally classic! I have been meaning to try more colors soon though! :)

      Delete
  6. I like how you played around with several layers yet the outfit still look comfortable and not too warm to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I'm an architect. :) I must say, I love the fact that you take time to be fashionable and to carefully pick your clothes. Guys in my classes back when I was still studying never cared. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew it, that is a Uniqlo blazer! I think I should get one for myself too. That watch also looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also wonder how a shirt like that would look on me. It seems difficult to pull off for me. I will try it next time I go to Uniqlo again.

      Delete
    2. You should!! The fit is so wonderful, it's almost unbelievable :)

      Delete
  9. Love your joggers! I've been thinking on getting a pair of jogger pants too but I was hesitant because I'm short as well. Now that I've read this, I'll have to look for a way too in terms of wearing and styling it so I won't look shorter! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you were able to match the blazer with the entire outfit without looking too exaggerated. And I really love how you match the colors. I think you're into earth tones too, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  11. A casual yet elegant look with matching colors that revolves around your personality. Really, admire you in matching your get-up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never figures those Zalora sneakers would look as great as you wore em. You have a bold personality when it comes to wear and clothing. Thumbs up! I just wish I have the same courage to wear things.haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice bag! But my man don't really like this kind of bag. If not, I can get him one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved the whole attire, but the bag was a winner for me. It went nicely with the clothes. It’s something I’d use myself or even gift my husband or a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also like how you blended your outfit with shades of brown and shades of gray. Both light and easy on the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't know a lot of fashion blogger who's a male and I'm glad that I've seen you. Your outfit looks so cool. You have a nice sense of style

    ReplyDelete
  17. The look is great on you and it works. I love that flap over bag; it rocks the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fave bit of your outfit - that pair of jogger that managed to look both chic and comfy. Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  19. earth color is my thinng.. that coat is nice i just hope it was tailored to fit you well... the boat shoes is a must...

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's better to wear clothes with lighter color during summer and that Zalora sneaker is love! - KarenT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your outfit looks really comfortable! It's layered but still looks apt for summer

    ReplyDelete
  22. The whole coordination looks pleasant especially the Zalora Shoes, however I think if you paired it with leather sling bag will look more cool.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your style! Definitely laid back but also professional. I hope more guys would turn into fashion blog. They have so much potential to influence Filipinos

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing look! :) Love the shoes! Hehehe! You totally made it your own and not made it super out of place during the summer season!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Been seeing this sport luxe look for a while now. :) And you pull it off really nicely! Love the relaxed feel, very laid-back and indeed perfect for the weekends. I just love looks which combine both style and comfort. Who said one should feel stuffy and uncomfortable just to look stylish? Anyway, I might just give a go at it too. :D

    ReplyDelete