LOOK TO THE LIGHT | 2017 URBAN GLADIATOR JAPAN DECEMBER 2015 | OSAKA SEOUL MARCH 2016 | YEOUIDO & NAKSAN BOHOL JULY 2016 | PART 2

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Dubai 2014 Photo Diaries: Ski Dubai

At the west end of the Mall of the Emirates in Dubai is the very cool (pun unintended) Ski Dubai, the artificial winter wonderland of the country! Read on to learn about my tips when visiting here!


The snow suit and boots are part of your admission but I highly recommend you bring your own gloves to save yourself a lot of money. They cost extra and is totally not worth the extra bucks. Better to bring your own since you're really going to need to survive inside! Without gloves, taking pictures is going to be hell and you wouldn't be able to use any of the rides properly since it'll be freezing.

You'll immediately feel the immense cold once you step inside and it might be a little overwhelming. Good thing you have these amazing ice sculptures to distract you! LOL

Of course, you can't leave out Frozen in a winter wonderland like this!

Tons of people were taking their photos with the legitimate snowman Olaf. :D




There are tons of rides and the place is waaaay bigger than you could possible imagine from the entrance.




Life in -3 degrees.

You could go the top and go sliding down the slope in these rubber balls like a hamster! Haha!

Or sledding in this!

The impossibly large ski area is beyond unfortunately I didn't go in further because we were being rushed yet again. Also, I didn't have gloves with me so it wasn't like you could do anything properly anyway. *Sigh*

So that's pretty much the overview of the famous Ski Dubai! All I can say is that I would LOVE to go back here! I bet the gloves would have made all the difference.

22 comments:

  1. I remember, I was there before it began the Mall of the Emirates. I lived and worked near the KFC store at Dubai-Sharjah Road. But now, this Ski Dubai is amazing place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look so fun! I want to try this if I ever travel to Dubai! Omg, when I read this, I was almost squealing out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this look so fun! and there's olaf too! never been to such indoor skiing places, would love to go to one if I have the chance to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to try this too if I ever visit Dubai! :) And thank you for the tip. Will definitely be bringing my own pair of gloves to Ski Dubai! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely place. Dubai is such a nice country to visit. Omg! Disney frozen! Good thing my kid is not with me when reading your blog, or else... Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. This place looks fabulous, I won't imagine Dubai having this wonderland in a mall... considering it's weather, it's a good thing it has!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww!!! Olaf!!!! I want to visit here... ermmm~~~ When I have money. Thanks for sharing. Hope to visit in future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, it is like a Winter Wonderland! Looks to be slightly more to do there than at the Chill Factore in Manchester. Looks like you had a fantastic time! :) Sim

    ReplyDelete
  9. My friends were just talking about Dubai and then I open your post. It's really a new tourist haven now and you've even met Olaf.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, an artificial winter wonderland! I prefer the cold so this is just right up my alley. Will definitely check out this place when I visit Dubai one day. Olaf is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg the frozen theme is so cute! I've never been to ski before and the slide looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow! i want to see the ice sculptures! i haven't seen any before and i love sculptures

    ReplyDelete
  13. The previous timeI went to DUbai I did not visit SKI DUBAI because of time constrain. Hopefully I can go there end of this year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would definitely try this fun experience if ever I have the change to go to Dubai.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am saving this one on my list for Dubai, I love how the ice sculptures is designed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are being rushed by whom? Is there a time limit inside? You really have to have this in your plans, or else, why will you bring winter gloves to Dubai? Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We have something like that here, but I've never been there so I'm not sure if people can ski, or if there's even room for that. I've seen from the posters about penguins and snowballs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cool idea. I'd love to enter one of the igloos some day. How were you able to take such good pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've always wanted to do this! Waaah! God permits, I'm gonna do this. Wohoo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. My kids will do double back flips of of excitement in here. Nice place!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This must be the star attraction if the mall! I am amazed at the large scale of this place..its really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The frozen area looked so cute! The sauna at the trading post is exactly like in the movie!!

    ReplyDelete