LOOK TO THE LIGHT | 2017 URBAN GLADIATOR JAPAN DECEMBER 2015 | OSAKA SEOUL MARCH 2016 | YEOUIDO & NAKSAN BOHOL JULY 2016 | PART 2

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Yellow Scarves & Storefronts

No doubt my favorite outfit from my entire stay in Hong Kong, and coincidentally the one I planned for the least! There's always something about spontaneity that makes everything better LOL. Read on to find out about the styling power of a simple scarf and how it can give that perfect pop of color! 


If you've seen my previous Hong Kong outfits then you probably noticed almost everything I've worn was either grey or black! Haha! But for this look I wanted to give it a bit of more dimension since it was originally just "blazer with a shirt" look which, let's face it, has been a recurring thing lately.

Also, I wanted to feature this awesome white tee my friends had given me for Christmas! I love that they opted for something as simple as a plain shirt with a pocket detail. Definitely the best way to go when shopping for gifts for me, or maybe anyone for that matter. LOL Thanks Krisha and Calvin! :D

The round neck was cut a bit closer to my throat than I liked which happens with some round neck tees and it had a weird effect when paired with my blazer, so I borrowed this striped scarf from my sister to give the outfit a subtle boost of color and pull focus away from the semi-awkward neck. When I wear the tee again, I would probably just let it stand alone, because it's perfect for chill dressing. I imagine with joggers or just a pair of jeans! That's the beauty of a simple tee!

Nabbed these adorable fingerless gloves on my last visit to H&M! It definitely does warm you up and makes using smartphones super easy when you're out, but it definitely isn't recommended if you're going to colder places as it leaves your fingers totally frozen! Haha! For Hong Kong in January though, it was just right for me.

Reused my gorgeous skinny joggers from River Island because it certainly pays to be practical when travelling. Reusing your bottoms can make a world of a difference in packing! :)

Still so happy I got these Jack Purcells! Classic and perfect for almost everything. :D


Forever 21 scarf, UNIQLO blazer and shirt, River Island joggers, Converse Jack Purcell sneakers, H&M fingerless gloves.

And that's it for my Hong Kong 2015 outfits! What do you think?

20 comments:

  1. What a great outfit! The striped scarf is perfect to offset all the monotones and those gloves are to die for! They look so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bold contrast.
    Only the shade of grey on the yellow scarf is slightly off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your OOTD, too > the scarf especially. I like the shade of yellow that you picked - it's not the annoying kind of yellow. Your OOTD is chic and comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scarf looks so outstandingly nice and it fit perfectly with your outfit. One word to describe: Stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This OOTD brings out the yellow scarf. Try styling your hair to go up higher more, I think it will look even cooler! If you ever come to singapore, contact me, we will do one OOTD photoshoot together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And in this post, I like the blazer. Looks so comfortable. How much would that cost me? Uniqlo is not yet here in our place though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The yellow scarf do stand out. You just have more options now with the outfit since it's cold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That yellow scarf makes quite a style statement. I like the way yellow is standing out among the greys and blacks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The scarf reminds me of bumblebee and I don't know why... Haha! And I really don't understand fingerless gloves. Won't your fingers freeze?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another cool get up dude. Yellow scarf, for me much better if a darker colored one have you used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the sneakers! The entire outfit's pretty rad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The fingerless gloves and the scarf with the yellow stripes caught my attention! The yellow wonderfully contrasts to the darker outfit ensemble and creates an awesome effect! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The right scarf can make a huge difference on any outfit. Your sister's scarf added the right amount of pop to your stylish outfit. Steal that scarf! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is all in the details, I like the scarf and the texture in the fingerless gloves. The both add interest to the attire.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The scarf is the main center of attraction.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What are fingerless gloves for? The fingertips are the first parts of the hands to freeze up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Few selected men can wear scarves in a great looking way. You sir did it great. Nice outfit indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks great indeed - few men can pull it off but its so wonderful once it has been done.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've already noticed it before how a single scarf can change the entire outfit. You rocked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like your scarf. Looks really outstanding for this attire!

    ReplyDelete