LOOK TO THE LIGHT | 2017 URBAN GLADIATOR JAPAN DECEMBER 2015 | OSAKA SEOUL MARCH 2016 | YEOUIDO & NAKSAN BOHOL JULY 2016 | PART 2

Friday, June 20, 2014

Easter 2014: Bacolod Part 2

On our second day in Bacolod, we visited the Mambukal Resort which is known for its sulfur hot springs and the waterfall hike. It was a long drive from Campuestuhan which meant more naps. Haha!
The resort is relatively basic as compared to the amenities of Campuestuhan. There are swimming pools, hot springs, the pavilions, zip lines, and of course, the waterfalls.



We started out with the hike to the waterfalls. We had a guide from the resort go with us, and from there we started to make our way to the first waterfall.


The trail is tricky and kind of scary. At first, its relatively flat with steps here and there, but as you go up, it becomes all the more unsafe. Tripping somewhere along the way could be incredibly scary so it is absolutely essential that you take slow solid steps.


It was a good 15-20 minute walk to the first waterfall and from there it takes about 10 minutes to get to the succeeding waterfalls. In total, there are actually 7 of them in the mountain.



Soon enough, we reached the vicinity of the first waterfall.



If you want to, you can actually take a dip in the waterfall of your choice. Just be careful when bathing in the higher waterfalls because there aren't any safety measures to prevent you from falling down the waterfall. From the third waterfall, there's actually a trail to the last waterfall which we took because it all looked the same anyway, so it made sense to just finish the entire trail.

The last waterfall. Obviously where everyone decided to take a dip. Unfortunately, we didn't swim as there were way to many people and we already had to go. :(

By then, all of us were pretty sweaty and gross. It was a pretty nerve-wracking hike! Thank goodness there wasn't much sunlight at the time.

When we got down, we decided to try out the hot springs because it would be a waste if we didn't! Because of the sulfur, the odor wasn't all that pleasant. The water's temperature is 37 degrees Celsius  which takes getting used to at first but shouldn't bother you when you've dipped in it for a few minutes.

We moved on to the pier after a quick shower and were already on our way to the ports. We took the boat to Iloilo which was freezing. I was unlucky enough to sit directly where the air conditioner blew.

The trip to Iloilo is about 45 minutes to an hour and we got off the bus, it literally felt like the air came from a blowdryer. It was unbelievably hot.

Since it wasn't our time to tour Iloilo yet, we rode on a jeep to the connecting pier bound for the Guimaras island.

From there, it was a 20-minute boat ride and then a one-hour drive to the next port.


The last boat ride takes about 10 minutes to reach the resort in Guimaras. Thankfully, it was the last of all of the traveling for one day.

According to the guide, during low tide, you can actually just walk from the shore to the resort and it'd take less than hour to get there.

Then we arrived at the Cabugan Resort which I'll talk about it in the next post! :D

'Til next time!

27 comments:

  1. Wow its nice post. I am loving that place. I can see nature of beauty there. Here temperature is too high.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photos Jason! What a gorgeous place to visit and those waterfalls, pretty amazing. I can see why the hike was nerve wracking. Maybe no to the flip flops next time, LOL. And for a basic resort I am stunned! All those amenities in such lush surroundings. Wow!! I look forward to your next post. The last photo is pretty intriguing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extraordinary post it was.i love nature beauty very much ,i love touring even.liked pictures very much
    Thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope I get to visit Mambukal Resort in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to that part of Bacolod. Someone has invited me to go there in Mambukal Resort but because I can't take a leave from the office for four days, I declined. :| Wow. Your trip has been great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so impressed that I'm going to rent the space for my next birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the kind of adventure that I want to try.. alone! It might be exciting that I get to explore the place all alone and I want to take a dip on that hot spring! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. ui this is a good destination! how much did you spend here, and how safe is that sulfur hot spring? haha >XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. My father is an Ilonggo, and I have relatives from Bacolod. If I'll be in Bacolod, I'll try Mambukal and explore it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. During my college years, I visited Mambukal for how many times with classmates. Truly, refreshing to discover the place and hiking quite a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I'm pretty sure I would be able to appreciate Mambukal Resort when I get here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never heard of Mambukal! Been to Bacolod countless times but only for work so did not have the time to check out what it really has to offer. Beautiful place and I also would love to take a dip in the waterfall but is it that crowded all the time? I hope not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also can't wait for your next post about Guimaras. I heard that they have the best mangoes. Did you guys pig out on those sweet fruits?

      Delete
  13. Good photos that tell the place is that great. The falls is quite inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect place for a getaway!!! I wanna go there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I heard lots of good things about Bacolod! Wish I could visit the place also.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My bestfriend told me about bacolod, and now I thank you for taking me glimpse of what to expect if in case that our plan will push through :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm looking forward to visit Mambukal. I love trekking, mountains and waterfalls. -KarenT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Its good to see another side of Bacolod in your photos..

    ReplyDelete
  19. The view of the trek looks awesome and you get to cool down at a hot spring after.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It would be interesting to try crossing between walking on islands during low tide.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nature at its best...lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice adventure! Going a trip on nature is a best experience to have.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've been to Bacolod but I'd like to visit this place when I get back. Oh and btw, the photos are well-processed. Ang ganda! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful place! Looking forward to your next article and tell us more on how to travel there!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Having studied in Iloilo for my college..
    I miss all these places, Bacolod, Iloilo and Guimaras..
    its pretty much the central hub of Western Visayas.
    There's a lot more to explore, Capiz, Antique and Kalibo are just in the periphery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a fantastic and exciting escapade. The photos are equally superb.

    ReplyDelete