LOOK TO THE LIGHT | 2017 URBAN GLADIATOR JAPAN DECEMBER 2015 | OSAKA SEOUL MARCH 2016 | YEOUIDO & NAKSAN BOHOL JULY 2016 | PART 2

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Day To Night

In a country like the Philippines, being in simple, comfortable, and reliable basics is key in staying fresh and cool all day to battle the climate. Thankfully though, we've been having cooler weather lately and other people have even started wearing their favorite jackets out! For today's post, I wanted to share this outfit that can easily turn into an evening outfit with a few simple tweaks!




Burgundy and black have become recurring colors in my outfits right now. It's become sort of an obsession, really. The two colors work so well together and I will always love the understated classiness that these colors give! Not to mention, I'm convinced that burgundy is my absolute favorite color of all time!

It's no question that my closet is abundant with Uniqlo's great basic clothes and this 3/4 top is probably my favorite purchase! Aside from being in my favorite color, I love that the knit material gives it a lot of character and texture, and it just feels so soft and comfortable!

Since I was going shopping that day, I made sure to bring my ever-trusty sling from SM Accessories. Also added a classy watch to give the look a more dressy vibe.


Spazzed out when I saw these sneakers at Payless as I've been looking for the perfect pair of burgundy sneakers for as long as I can remember! The thing about red sneakers is that for some reason, they seem to work with almost any outfit. Even if it doesn't exactly go with the colors of your outfit, it just works! At least, that's my experience with them. Definitely check these out if you're looking for a comfortable pair with great looks to boot!

UNIQLO knit top, Giordano jeans, Kenneth Cole watch, SM Accessories bag, Dexter by Payless sneakers.

Since I also had an event in the evening, I made it a point to turn this casual look into something party-appropriate by simply throwing on a great fitting navy blue blazer from UNIQLO! It's amazing how much a blazer can add to an outfit that every guy should have one. For more formal parties, you can ditch the sneakers and wear your favorite pair of brogues!

What do you think? :)

18 comments:

  1. Here too. Rainy season is among us :D A chance for people to put on their sweaters or jackets. Love the sneakers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the jeans! I agree with the blazer. Even when I wear a simple sleeveless outfit, throwing in a blazer will make it look professional :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look very stylish Jason! This colour looks great on you =) and the sneakers are very nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaah, I love that we're all enjoying this sweater-weather ..... a lot of us have had the chance to wear our thicker ootds. I like the sweater that you picked and the sneakers too. Payless does have a lot of good finds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good choices for the footwear. One missing from my collection. But don't have plans to have that so soon. haha someone just got me almost like that bag you had.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always look comfortable, clean and modern with your dressing style. Great image all throughout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the outfit on you! It looks refreshing and perfect for our kind of weather. I've seen so many fashion posts that are a bit off to Philippine setting. This one's just right. I love Burgundy, too! - May De Jesus-Palacpac

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blazer is becoming a trend nowadays. And yes, you are right, it can change a simple look into a stunning party outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the bag. I saw something similar somewhere in the mall. I should have bought before you did. LoL. Kidding aside, trendy outfit you have here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You were right.. Sometimes when I see Filipino bloggers layering.. it wont make sense to me with our weather.. but this one looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your style is always so simple and timeless. Love how you show your confidence with simple poses! Hope to meet up with you one day if you ever come to Singapore!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You definitely nailed the color of the year! I'm in love with burgundy/maroon/wine and even had that as our theme color for our wedding.


    Your style is simple and chic. You definitely show us that one does not need a lot of frills to show classic and timeless looks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are really a fan of Uniqlo noh? I've seen your outfit posts and mostly are from Uniqlo. Hehe. Anyway, I love this kind of style and it's more pleasing to the eyes rather than seeing so many prints on a man. I mean, prints are okay too but it doesn't fit everyone and that should be something some guys need to understand. Not just because it's "uso" or trending, it's what should be worn.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your burgundy 3/4 sleeve shirt and sneakers. I didn't notice that Uniqlo also has blue blazers. Should see if looks good on me too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your sneakers much. The color is special.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your sneakers! You are looking really handsome in the pics dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the outfit, sneakers plus the smile which makes the whole get-up worth looking at.

    ReplyDelete
  18. hey i love the whole look specially those maroon sneakers!

    ReplyDelete