LOOK TO THE LIGHT | 2017 URBAN GLADIATOR JAPAN DECEMBER 2015 | OSAKA SEOUL MARCH 2016 | YEOUIDO & NAKSAN BOHOL JULY 2016 | PART 2

Sunday, July 1, 2018

Fukuoka 2018 Part 7 | Nagasaki Day Trip - Atomic Bomb Museum + Mount Inasa Observatory

Finally back after 2 weeks in the States! So sorry I've been neglecting the blog for so long huhu. Now, onto the last chapter of my Fukuoka series!

We proceeded to the Nagasaki Atomic Bomb Park which is within walking distance from the Peace Park.

Here, they marked the epicenter of the blast.

I vaguely remember seeing this landmark in one of my favorite 3DS games called Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2. If you have a 3DS, you should definitely look it up, because it's *amazing*

Deeply regret not taking a photo with this scenery. Japan is so perfect in its own unique way and is honestly incapable of being replicated anywhere else!

The Atomic Bomb Museum is just a minute away and it's a direct inverse from the peaceful beauty of the park - and rightfully so. It's a museum that commemorates the blast of the Atomic Bomb during World War II, and tries to educate everyone on why nuclear war should never ever happen again.

There are so many cryptic displays that strike a chord with anyone who sees them. Above is a clock that was salvaged which marked the exact time of the blast.

There are also salvaged facades of previous landmarks.

They also have a model of the blast radius.

The lights signify the impact.

Towards the end of the museum, you'll see a lot of student-made artworks, created out of paper cranes which have become a symbol of peace.

We stopped by a hotel to have dinner. What's surprising about Nagasaki food is that it has a very strong influence from Chinese food! Here, we got to enjoy food that resembled some of my favorites like Sweet and Sour Pork as well as stir-fried eggplant. However, the specialty of Nagasaki is called Champon Noodles which is what you see above. It's light and creamy. Almost reminiscent of sopas here in the Philippines. I'm not a big fan of udon noodles and they were extra thick here. Definitely something worth trying when you're in Nagasaki! I still prefer tonkotsu ramen though! Haha!

We then continued on to the Mount Inasa Observatory. The last location in this entire trip! Here, you can get a view of Nagasaki. I originally wasn't too keen on this as I've been to so many peaks around the world and the views have honestly started mixing in my mind - but I was about to be proven wrong by Mount Inasa. Haha!

Even at the bottom of the observatory, you can already see really pretty views, but the true magic begins in the evening.

You can climb the observatory in many ways. There's a spiral path inside as well as an elevator. But there are also stairs outside so you can enjoy more unobstructed views!

I honestly didn't expect the view to transform so drastically and I found myself at a loss for words as Nagasaki slowly turned into a sea of warm lights.

These were all taken with my Samsung Note 8 and it still blows my mind to this day at the wonderful job it did to capture all this. *not sponsored lol*

There was honestly no better way to signify an end of a trip than with this view. I miss Fukuoka and Nagasaki every day!

Hope you guys enjoyed my Fukuoka/Nagasaki travel series! Stay tuned for my experience at Goh Maison de la Nature in Fukuoka as well as my New York - Philadelphia - Washington travel series! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment