LOOK TO THE LIGHT | 2017 URBAN GLADIATOR JAPAN DECEMBER 2015 | OSAKA SEOUL MARCH 2016 | YEOUIDO & NAKSAN BOHOL JULY 2016 | PART 2

Friday, July 24, 2015

Dining at The Wholesome Table

I really love dining at Bonifacio Global City because of all the unique restaurants. On our last trip there, we finally got to try The Wholesome Table which has been widely talked about by almost everyone I know. Read on to see if they meet the hype!


The interior is surprisingly dark save for the giant window at the front. It was sort of hard to take photos. I really love all the quaint little touches everywhere. If it were a lot brighter, I bet this place would be heaven for hipster instagrammers! Haha!




If you look at the refrigerator in this photo, they actually also sell a variety of organic juices that are perfect for people on a cleanse. Now, on to the dishes!

Chicken Dukkah Salad (PHP460) - A unique spicy take on a salad. The slightly funky smelling chicken was so flavorful and delicious. It went perfectly with all the supporting flavors of the salad; with the onions and the feta and the greens. So good!

Wholesome Salad (PHP350) - Signature salad that was bursting with freshness. So much love for this dish. Everything was kept so light and all the qualities a classic salad should have!

Wholesome Mojito (PHP120) - It almost looks scary with the green goop. Definitely refreshing and worth the try! I kind of want to have one right now! Haha!

Nutty Garlic Pasta (PHP390) - Simple cream pasta that was nutty and garlic just as it says on the menu. Very tasty but nothing too memorable either.

Gambaretti Arrabiata (PHP590) - Bacon, shrimp, and tomato sauce pasta. It was surprisingly flavorful without being too indulgent. Definitely expensive so it's more of on the splurge side.

Bounty of The Sea (PHP790) - I loved how masterful the flavors happened in this dish. A mixed seafood stew that had this amazing soup that was strangely fresh but rich. It's hard to describe. Seafood lovers would go crazy over this because I'm not a big seafood lover and even I fell in love with this. The garlic bread plus the soup is the *perfect* combination.

I was so happy that The Wholesome Table lived up to all the hype. It's definitely a pricey place to eat, but the food tasted so great that it's worth it. If you're looking for a cool new place to try, you should definitely consider this place!

The Wholesome Table is located at 30th Street Corner 7th Avenue Bonifacio High Street Central, Taguig.

19 comments:

  1. I bet family lunch and dinner are frequents here. I love the place though! I wanna try that bounty at the sea platter. Love the crabs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dishes are super pricey for such a small serving. I've been reading different opinions with regards to their experiences in The Wholesome Table, and hopefully I would be able try it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Bounty of the Sea looks good! Pricing is a little high though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a nice place to dine in but I don't think I'd be trying them out anytime soon... probably when I have extra cash or for a special occasions to celebrate. I agree with Yvonne. It was pricey for such small serving. For someone like me who eats a lot, it may not be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! the salad looks amazing. I am excited to try it when I'm back in the Philippines. It is for sure a bit pricey considering it is in the PH, but in comparison with the prices abroad, it is pretty average. I am a pasta and salad monster!!!!! ( badly need to try this)

    ReplyDelete
  6. BGC is indeed a place to eat unique food choices, but you have to be ready to pay the price. I would have to save these for a special occasion since BGC is very far from where we live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right from Salad, Mojito to garlic pasta everything is looking damn yummy but little pricey side. I am sure you would have enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The interior of this cafe looks absolutely stunning! Looks like my kinda place to cafe hop ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This place has a certain charm to it. I love the ambiance and the warmth it has and the food looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome place. I like the rustic look of the interior. The food looks delicious, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the way you photograph the food and also the interior. Thanks for sharing. Would be great you can provide the address.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's nice to see more organic dining places coming in. I thing we also have a wholesome table branch in Dela Costa, which opened recently.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The foods are great specially that wholesome salad but quite expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh the Garlic Pasta is something I would like to try out. I am definitely searching a recipe for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The food looks good but I have to say, the ambience and the decor draws me more. Looks like a love,y place to chill!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like an Italian-type of restaurant with such classy-type interior. The outside area too, the same as in Italy. Love the overall image of this resto.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The place looks fantastic, I can imagine a lot of people wanting to instagram every nook and cranny including the food. They all look delicious but I agree that the place looks very pricy. I wouldn't mind trying it just for the experience!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the contemporary decor. The food and drinks looks decent. I like their pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a pretty location good for photoshoots and instagrams! I like the wholesome salads and the Gambaretti Arrabiata~

    ReplyDelete