LOOK TO THE LIGHT | 2017 URBAN GLADIATOR JAPAN DECEMBER 2015 | OSAKA SEOUL MARCH 2016 | YEOUIDO & NAKSAN BOHOL JULY 2016 | PART 2

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Rediscovering Fineliners With The ZIG Cartoonist Mangaka 5-Color Set

After my experience with the amazing COPIC Multiliners, I've developed quite a growing interest in fineliners! These are usually used for outlining Manga illustrations but can also be used for writing. The ZIG Cartoonist line is one of my favorites and I've had the pleasure of trying their Mangaka Fine Flexible Brush Pen and was really pleased with the results! I've been looking for online stores that are selling the Fineliners but have had no luck so far which is why I was so stoked when I saw them in the Akihabara Duty Free store at the Narita International Airport just as we were doing some last-minute shopping before going home. Didn't even hesitate and got the 5-color set. Haha!

Doesn't the packaging alone already get you so excited to try them out? LOL

I love how the body design already makes these pens feel so legit!

The colors included in the 5-color set are Brown, Black, Warm Gray, Purple, and Cool Gray.

Swatched on paper, the 0.10MM tip looks more like 0.30MM but this is only normal with disposable drawing pens. The colors come out beautifully but the Cool Gray looks more sky blue, to be honest. The texture is very similar to using drawing pens like the Unipin and Staedtler Fineliners and are very easy to maneuver and handle.

Used the brown for the detailing of the hair, black for skin outline, cool gray for the eyeshadow, purple for the clothing outline, and the warm gray for shadow details. Copic Sketch Markers were used for the colors.

Personally, I think I'll be using the black fineliner the most, but I think the Grays will also be wonderful shading in shadows in drawings, while the purple and brown are more for hair detailing. At 750yen (Approx. 300php) the 5-color set is a pretty good buy! Though I would love to collect the other points of the Black point. Hope this comes soon in local art stores!

10 comments:

  1. Cool! I think, It's also a perfect tool to panel line my Gunpla. And plus, It's very cheap at 300 php. It's worth a buy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you also do great cartoon/manga artworks too. The pen looks really effective especially for someone skilled as you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure you are the best person to put these pens into great use. In your architecture designs, your fashion designs and now in your anime designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous piece of work you have done and I am not an expertise but it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome. My daughter is into drawing, I think she'd love this. She's only 8 y.o, but I guess it would be to her advantage to start early.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa! You found it at a duty free airport store? That's lucky! The colors are nice! Your illustration looks gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, they look so cool...My daughter recently got some copic and sharpies. Artists indeed know the difference between pens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you bring out the strands of the hair with different shades! Was that a drawing of someone? Or was it from imagination?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,

    Those seem like awesome pens. I also liked that drawing you did in the sample. For Php 300, it`s not bad if the quality is great.

    Also, I would like to ask how were you able to put a slide show below your tabs at the top of your blog? I`ve always wanted to put one on top of my blog. I would really appreciate it if you reply.

    Thank you very much!

    ❀ Grace ❀

    ReplyDelete
  10. i a one niece who's realy loves drawing.. i'm really sure she's really love these if she can have one.. now I'm thinking of getting here these for her graduation gift.. :)

    ReplyDelete