LOOK TO THE LIGHT | 2017 URBAN GLADIATOR JAPAN DECEMBER 2015 | OSAKA SEOUL MARCH 2016 | YEOUIDO & NAKSAN BOHOL JULY 2016 | PART 2

Sunday, March 12, 2017

New Favorites with ZIG Kuretake Brush Writer

This is a review that's been a long time coming. One of my all-time favorite brush pens has got to be the ZIG Kuretake Brush Writer! Long ago, I tried the Scarlet Orange brush pen and instantly fell in love with its ease of use and beautiful color pay-off. I waited until I got to Japan, hoping to hoard a ton of these beauties because they cost 308php a piece here in Manila. Huhu. To my surprise, I couldn't find this anywhere in Japan! I even asked my friends to look for me but they've had no luck either. I really really hope they haven't been discontinued!

That didn't stop me from buying more when I got back though. That's how great they are! Haha! Read on to see why these are my official holy grail brush pens. :D

Assembling the pen is exactly similar to the process of preparing the Wink of Stella brush pen. (Review of that here.) You just take out the yellow ring and reattach everything. The ink should start to flow when you squeeze the barrel until the white nylon brush becomes the color of the ink. It's such a pretty process! The slightly translucent fibers start to glow the color of the ink when you hold it against a light. *o*

The brush tip is exactly the same as the Wink of Stella, only with the Brush Writer, I've found that it's a lot easier to control, probably because of the shape of the body.

Definitely the finest brush nib among Kuretake's signature brush pens.

The ZIG Brush Writers come in a huge array of colors that I one day dream of completing. For now, though, I have Scarlet Orange, Deep Blue, Deep Green, and Blue Gray.

You can easily create super thin lines (0.1MM) to thick lines (5MM) with the Brush Writer. It has just that teeny bit of resistance that the ZIG Cocoiro Real Brush doesn't have which makes this brush pen such a joy to use. To this day, I haven't encountered a brush pen that is as workable as this one. Also, you can immediately tell that it's made to last unlike the ZIG Kuretake Fudebiyori - which I love - but I'm pretty sure will die on me eventually because of its tendency to fray. (Maybe that's why they're so cheap?) I definitely don't expect this from the real brush tip of the Brush Writer so I think it's such a great investment for hobbyists.

I should note that it closely resembles Pentel's brush writer line which I haven't tried yet. If you've tried it, tell me in the comments how it was! :D

Overall, this brush pen is pretty awesome and straightforward. If you're looking for brush pens to hoard and don't mind spending more, I think you can look no further than this Brush Writer because it is *pure love.*

You can get this at Craft CarrotPens Galore PH, Scribe stores, and Invitation House stores.

7 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this but the colors look vibrant and attractive. Something I look for in a pen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing looking colors those pens have. I am sure they will find good use in the hands of an excellent artist like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel that I am starting to love pens. I also collect pens with different colors. It makes me more motivated to write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that they come in so many colors. I wish I have your talents on printing words with brush pens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I totally love your description of the way the ink flows into the brush!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That cost a lot for a pen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope one day these brands sponsor you the full set so that you can review it properly or even start doing some amazing designs or drawings!

    ReplyDelete