LOOK TO THE LIGHT | 2017 URBAN GLADIATOR JAPAN DECEMBER 2015 | OSAKA SEOUL MARCH 2016 | YEOUIDO & NAKSAN BOHOL JULY 2016 | PART 2

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Balance

Talking about a lot of my current favorites in this post~ I've recently gotten into trying out mandals (a.k.a. strappy sandals for men) and I've been loving it a lot. So great how it bridges this casual gap between sneakers and slippers and how it gives you a lovely summery and relaxed look. Thanks to the black leather and beautiful subtle details, it also works perfectly with more avant garde all-black outfits which I might do in the future. I got my mandals from Hill & Deer and was lucky enough to catch the clearance sale so I got them for just 700 PHP! Been using this pair for consecutive outings now. Together with the mandals, I wore a mandarin-collar half-placket button-down for a super relaxed vibe. I've always wanted one since I saw Adam Gallagher sport one on his blog and fell in love with the casual-but-elegant vibe. On my last trip to Korea, I saw a lot of guys wear this very shirt and I didn't hesitate to get one for myself when I went to Hello APM in Dongdaemun. It's a bit more of a splurge at 1000 PHP but that's pretty standard for a button-down. Finished it off with a nice little nautical watch for that perfect weekend look.

From Dongdaemun half-placket button-down, TOP TEN Korea cropped pants, TVRUS watch, Hill & Deer 01 mandals.

13 comments:

  1. I like the watch and the mandals. Those footwear look too casual though. The pants look comfortable to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mandals look really comfy and can look elegant with your outfit. It matches perfectly with your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mandals looks quite comfy and watch is so trendy. Your outfit is very comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope I get the guts to wear mandals outside the house. Haha! I am not really comfortable for people to see my toes, much less have a close-up photo of them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandals exactly look like the traditional Indian slippers that we find in our sculptures of 16th C CE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried wearing a Mandals before and I wonder how would I look like and how it feels like if I wear it next time. I as well like the watch as it rhyme with how you look as a whole. Very pleasing and good looking!

    LaiAriel

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the whole outfit. It feels relaxed and comfortable. I have seen similar style when I was in Hongkong. This is a great look which you can wear in the office, hanging out with your friends, doing errands and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The outfit looks great. It has some old world charm to it. I have seen some bollywood heros in 1960s wearing pants this way. Old is gold!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The outfit looks great! I have a similar DW watch too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The watch looks like a DW watch. But I realised that you say it's a TVRUS watch? In Singapore, the sandles/ mandles doesn't really go well with long pants, is it common over at your side?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your footwear, very classy. I can sense the relaxation and comfort you have in this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice pose, nice outfit, nice combination.. Great way to posture your attire!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want this look. And i feel like i wanna do the same. Lol

    ReplyDelete