LOOK TO THE LIGHT | 2017 URBAN GLADIATOR JAPAN DECEMBER 2015 | OSAKA SEOUL MARCH 2016 | YEOUIDO & NAKSAN BOHOL JULY 2016 | PART 2

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Japan 2015: Tokyo DisneySea

Concluding my Japan travel posts with my visit to Tokyo DisneySea! Really loved reliving this magical week through my blog, but like most things, I guess it had to end sometime huhu. Read on to see more of this beautiful amusement park!

We arrived at about 30 minutes before opening time and the lines were already insane. The only good part about joining tour groups is that there's someone to arrange for your tickets in advance or else the wait would have been twice as brutal.

Globe fountain oddly similar to any Universal Studios theme park but they put a faded spin to it to match the old town that surrounds the entrance.

What I love about Tokyo DisneySea is its different take on amusement parks. I love how the areas are done with more detail. Almost as if you really are in a different country.

Super cute student squad locking arms to brave the peak season crowd.

View from the bridge area. The level of effort is surreal.

Suddenly, Barcelona?! I was going to do my outfit shoot here, but people kept popping out of nowhere. Huhu #FashionBloggerProblems

Fragments of Europe everywhere you look in the first area.

Unlike in other Disneylands, the train here has an extra fee so we didn't ride it. Also the line is pretty crazy here.

Literally thought we were connected to a legit shipping dock. You can actually walk around in this ship, but the lines are long, and from what I could see, it's a place where you can take photos.

The giant volcano for the Journey To The Center of The Earth ride which is one of the main attractions in DisneySea.
Average waiting time of 3 hours! So crazy! I opted to explore DisneySea further and take photos instead. My older brother, however, waited in line for this.

According to him, it wasn't really worth the three hours. Apparently, the ride was way too chill and just when you thought you were going to experience a major drop, it was the end of the ride. O.O

Nautilus City from Atlantis!

Meiji ice cream in DisneySea! The selection is the same anywhere you go here so you don't have to worry about not being able to try all the flavors.

I tried the Sea Salt Ice Cream just because it reminded me so much of Kingdom Hearts a.k.a. one of the greatest games ever! (Idea: they should totally have a video game-themed amusement park someday!!)

Didn't really know what to expect but was pleasantly surprised at how good it was! Delicious vanilla ice cream balanced out with sea salt which made it oddly refreshing! Definitely try this when you visit! Great for 310yen!

Since we were at Tokyo DisneySea, the main castle for this theme park was the castle from The Little Mermaid!

Ariel greets you by the entrance.

Inside is definitely a whole new world. (Hehe) But from what I've seen, the rides here are more suited for kids. There's even a parking area for your strollers!

We didn't really explore this area anymore because kid's rides + crazy lines.

Next was Agrabah!

This was only a line for popcorn, guys. POPCORN.

It wasn't just any popcorn though. This was their special Curry Popcorn served in this adorable Mickey bucket perfect for the New Year! I'm thinking of some way to turn it into a container for my markers! LOL It costs 1800yen but it's agreeably affordable compared to the Minion popcorn buckets at Universal Studios which were about double the price.

So sad I didn't reach this area! Probably the Indiana Jones area. Couldn't even see the path to this part of the amusement park huhu

P.S. Japan, why are the most adorable children here?!

Agrabah Marketplace is one of my favorite souvenir stores in the park and there are a LOT. And they all carry different things as well so be sure to check them out!

New Year themed treats.

Phone cases for Disney die-hards.

Dainty accessories for the princess's room!

Agrabah has a large central plaza probably to anticipate the crazy line for its Magic Lamp show. According to my sister, despite being in Japanese, the show itself is pretty cool, so it's still worth watching if you visit. I don't know why, but I honestly didn't have the patience to wait a few hours for a 15-minute show that day. :(

At this point, my Fujifilm XA-2 died on me. Probably the biggest downside to using a mirrorless camera is the battery life. A back-up battery is such a must-have!

I did, however, use my phone to photograph the "scariest" ride in the park - The Tower of Terror. Don't be fooled by the absence of a line from the outside, because it's all inside the building. I can't imagine how long the line for this attraction was when I went. My sister was able to try this when she visited last April, and it was apparently very disappointing. I guess that's what happens when you go to a kid's theme park?

The struggle is real when you go to a Japanese theme park during the Peak Season. I don't think I've ever experienced this in other countries before, but I don't really feel bad because DisneySea is an incredible place regardless, as evidenced by all the photos I took. Haha!

Hope you enjoyed my Japan travel posts! :D

17 comments:

  1. Very true. Any tourist place in peak season gets way tok crowded.... I never take that option at all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason, I am actually going to Tokyo in a few hours from now and we are all very excited. Definitely Disney Sea is one of our planned destinations. I hope the crowds are not too bad this time of year (asa pa, hehe).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg omg I wanna go and I'm going! Definitely gonna add this on my list when I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Disney See world looks huge and awesome. It's nice that it's actually connected to a dock and there are a lot of fun attractions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tokyo Disney Sea looks so amazing! It's like a trip around the world already, in just one amusement park!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Volcano and the little mermaid castle.. Whoaa!!! I wanna go to Tokyo.. Bring me to Tokyo.. Lovely post.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I want to go there too!!! My kids don't even know about Disneyland yet, but they're so into sea creatures (and dinosaurs!), I'm sure they'll love Disney Sea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a wonderful tour of Tokyo Disney Sea, thank you! I am a huge Disney fan and hope to visit someday. I am surprised how cold it was though. Have to pack the woolies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been to Tokyo several times but have not visit the DisneySea before, looks like I am missing out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful place! I've never seen this side of Disneyland before. It looks so awesome. I can't wait to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was trying to find the Harry Potter part of your Disney post! Disney Sea is definitely somewhere I want to go as I love Little Mermaid!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have very well captured the place and Disney Sea is definitely worth going.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! this place is straight out of the fairytale. Loved the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This place looks AMAZING!! Great photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks amazing. My friend is travelling to Japan in about two weeks. I'll def share your post with her! This might make her actually visit Disneyland!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed going through these. Lovely photos. Thanks for sharing your experinece with us! Must have had a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mahical place that kids and kids at heart will surely enjoy and will have memorable day

    ReplyDelete