LOOK TO THE LIGHT | 2017 URBAN GLADIATOR JAPAN DECEMBER 2015 | OSAKA SEOUL MARCH 2016 | YEOUIDO & NAKSAN BOHOL JULY 2016 | PART 2

Sunday, September 13, 2015

In Awe: Copic Multiliner Drawing Pens Review

I'm pretty sure every aspiring artist has heard of COPIC and their awesome products. On my recent trip to Hong Kong, I got myself the famous Multiliners in three points - 0.05, 0.5, and 1.0MM. This is the only time that I could already tell that these pens were going to be amazing right off the bat after trying them out on my notebook. Read on to see what I mean!


The body is simple, straightforward, but so pretty! It's in a simple silver packaging but with glitter melted into the plastic body. So gorgeous and reminiscent of cool granite!

The points are *crazy* sturdy unlike most drawing pens which are way too flexible and end up just breaking after a few uses. At least, that's what happens with my heavy hand. #Bitter :(

Another amazing thing to note with the Multiliners is that the points are extremely accurate. You can easily tell if you're used to using legitimate technical pens because that's when you immediately notice that most disposable drawing pens come off thicker than the points they promise to have - 0.05MM tips become 0.10MM and 0.10MM tips become 0.30MM. This is amazingly not the case with the Multiliners. They. Are. Awesome.

They're also impervious to smudging with different types of markers. Used my Water-based Tombow marker on the top, Copic Sketch on the middle, and Staedtler Marsgraphic 3000 Duo on the bottom.

I can't get over how perfectly these drawing pens performed, and I literally get giddy every time I see them. So excited to use it in all sorts of artworks in the future! I got these in Hong Kong at HKD23 (About PHP130) a piece but you can get this locally for PHP140 each at Artillery.

21 comments:

  1. woah! I wish I could draw like that. btw, your penmanship is lovely!

    Kai, www.lilpink.info

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a while since I used a multiliner. The one you presented look great - and yes, as you can easily guess, now I am going to see if I have one on my desk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow the price is reasonable for the quality of the pen. It's a great gift for someone who loves sketching and drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't draw but I do however love these pens. These would make great gifts for sure for the artist in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really are a very good artist! I would love to have a talent like yours. The pens are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that drawing is really good! Wish I had that skill but unfortunately I'm pretty bad :( I guess I'll stick to writing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That does it! I am so getting back into drawing, and these pens are perfect to get back on track. Affordable too considering the quality of how they write. Will purchase some from Artillery. Thanks Jason!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am learning from you how different variety of pens can be used in different way.They looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's nice that the pens are sturdy enough. At P140, it's also reasonably prized considering it's really great for drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, they did really well in the smudge test! and you drew really well! how i wish i can draw like you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an elegant looking pen. Since I only use pens for daily stuff, I do not have any need to buy this. But for artists like you, this is a great investment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Copic Multiliner Drawing Pen point is very precise, sharp and neat. Plus it dont smudge as well, will check out at the bookstore.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did you draw that little elf/ fairy? It's beautiful! Can you draw for me one day? Puleaasee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. when my hubby is still in college, I'm seeing alot of diff pens on his bag. that's for his drawing class in Engineering subjs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your drawing of the elf/fairy is so pretty... you did a lot of drawing pens shopping in HK, didn't you? Hahaha... I agree, the COPIC pens are awesome. I love the smudge test you did! A very detailed review *thumbs up!*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another product that I could definitely suggest to my sister who is also a great artist like you. Your drawing is just amazing. Hope to create nice drawings too, if possible. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wish I have that during my college drawing days. Perhaps I should have gotten a better grade using those pens.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's nice of you to share the pens you use for your illustrations. Artists should learn that investing in good quality materials are a must to produce the best works. And I'm glad that these pens aren't that pricey yet produces good quality results.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great to have different kind of pens on your possession and very easy to perform at once. The price is not an option with pen quality.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i probably don't need a pen like this for daliy course of work, though this pen quality seem great in your sharing! You draw very well by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You know, I like how you style your photos, so that even PENS look great! That's a skill too!

    ReplyDelete