LOOK TO THE LIGHT | 2017 URBAN GLADIATOR JAPAN DECEMBER 2015 | OSAKA SEOUL MARCH 2016 | YEOUIDO & NAKSAN BOHOL JULY 2016 | PART 2

Sunday, March 6, 2016

The Crows In Osaka

Probably one of the most dramatic outfits ever, I unexpectedly went twinning with the crows in Osaka on this day. Went for a dramatic all-black outfit with interesting silhouettes. I've literally been dreaming of this shoot for months because I've been saving this outfit for my trip to Japan. Haha! I even had this specific shot and scenario in mind, however, it was neither spring nor fall so I couldn't count on some falling foliage to make this scenery even more dramatic. But enough about my photo shoot dreams, let's get onto the outfit!


I've been dying to wear this top since I got it at the January 2015 in Hong Kong. I originally saw this top at Zara somewhere in Manila and I tried it on out of curiosity and fell in love so hard! Unfortunately, at 3000 bucks, it was way too pricey for a sweater-cardigan hybrid. I vowed though that I would totally snatch it up as soon as it went on sale. When Zara finally did go on sale I wasn't able to find it at all and I was about to give up until I saw it on sale at the Hong Kong Airport just minutes before my flight back to Manila. Talk about meant to be!

So it's been sitting in my closet ever since, waiting for its time to shine. Until last Christmas, that is. :D

Paired with my Superstars because it was the obvious choice.

When it got really cold, I threw on my jacket and went about my day. Other than being a dramatic statement top, I love how the jacket can also be a great layering piece. The beautiful waterfall detail will give your outfit a lot of drama and softness. I'm sure you can tell how much I love this shirt. Haha!
ZARA sweatshirt cardigan, UNIQLO stretch skinny tapered jeans, ADIDAS Originals Superstar sneakers.

What do you think? :)

17 comments:

  1. I am so used to wearing all black every time I go out that it's normal even for my friends. Lol. I really like the outfit here, not just because it's black but it looks super comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice outfit. The monochrome colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because of cultural reasons, I could never wear an all-black outfit like this. I do not even own a single black polo shirt or t-shirt ever in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a perfect OOTD. Zara definitely makes some fabulous winterwear! My friend saw one for 100 GBP and got way too tempted and bought it without any sale!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great in black. The superstar gave you a great contrast that worked perfectly for your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super lucky that you got in on sale and in another country too! It looks great, and actually is sort of an androgynous piece, so it fits a lot of different styles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Black can never be out of fashion. Loved the way your paired Black and White shoes with all black outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. everybody is on adidas shoes now.. is it a sign i should buy one for mysel?, lol... i love your black outfit

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really good attire and it suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures. Looks like a cozy attire. You can never go wrong with black.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Zara sweatshirt cardigan looks really sleek and nice. Your shoes are a classic! I also want! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the monotone, all black and just the white 3 stripes sneaker stands out among all. Good pairing. Japan is always good to go again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometime I feel monochrome is a safest bet to go without thinking that it will look weird.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The safest color, the MONOCHROME! BTW, I love your sneakers here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wear all black outfits all the time! Your outfit looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need to get me some white sneaks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Know that feeling of fate all too well haha! Fashion bargain hunts is all about luck and fate.

    ReplyDelete