LOOK TO THE LIGHT | 2017 URBAN GLADIATOR JAPAN DECEMBER 2015 | OSAKA SEOUL MARCH 2016 | YEOUIDO & NAKSAN BOHOL JULY 2016 | PART 2

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Phantoms & The Rainy Season

Despite my closet's abundance of basics, I actually *do* have some contemporary pieces hidden away, mostly because they never really went with the weather in Manila. However, with the rainy season here, it was as perfect time as any to debut this amazing jacket by H&M's Divided line! Read on to see the details of this outfit.

I can totally see myself wearing this outfit during a spring day in Tokyo or summer in New York (I hear it's cold any time of the year there), but for now, the rainy streets of Manila will have to do! Haha!

I still can't get over how dramatic this jacket is. Essentially, it's just a hoodie but with an asymmetric hem, it forms a fishtail shape because of it's long length at the sides. Also, I'm obsessed with the waterfall effect along the collar that gives it a subtle elegance. Thankfully, the material is quite thin, which makes it ideal for Philippine weather and moderately cold countries!

The only black sneakers in my arsenal. Certainly, the perfect pair to cap off this contemporary urban look! Also, definitely checking the ever-famous Chuck II when I get the chance. The buzz has been insane!

H&M Divided asymmetrical zipped hoodie, UNIQLO tee and easy shorts, CONVERSE Jack Purcell canvas sneakers.

What do you think?

18 comments:

  1. The jacket looks great for casual attire and it's lightweight so you can carry it during travels. Is the material waterproof though? I like that classic pair of black sneakers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. H&M, Ok noted. Will check out this hoodie to see if it fits me. I am travelling to Japan this spring so .... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You dress really well. I love the jacket! It looks so fashion forward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The place you went to take photos is a public access place? BTW, nice outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool combination as always, Jason. Great job. Your photographer has done a great job of doing the shots. You have a fashion photographer in the making there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rainy seasons are great for dressing up. I know the weather in Manila is not favorable for those kinds of pieces, but since the rainy season is here, good for you. Hoping to see more outfits like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your sneakers! it's a pair that goes well with everything. uniqlo is a good brand with comfortable pieces. not a fan of h&m though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a wonderful looking attire and a great combination. I am just wondering how many pairs of sneakers you have with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of the thing I like with the rainy season is you have more options when it comes to your outfit. You look great here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the hoody looks so comfy! I am a big hoody collector btw.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love hoodies! But I prefer brightly coloured ones as they make a statement!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The hoodies is cool and the sneakers are casually attractive, I like the coordination of the whole outfir on that day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the Chuck 2.0 would work great with this look! You should wear that H&M Divided piece, definitely makes a statement.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My gosh! That sneakers absolutely look great with the hood. It really give you that style and attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  15. can't see the details of the hem from the pics but it does sound nice! I absolutely love Uniqlo for all their basic pieces too - just bought some online again before visiting your site!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow! you're so cool looking dude. I I wish I can wear those things too. Yung sneakers pwede.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not everyone can look good in that H&M hoodie but it suits you pretty well, how much does it cost btw?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how you can really pull off basic fashion apparels effortlessly. Especially the ones of the same color or at least similar shade.

    ReplyDelete