LOOK TO THE LIGHT | 2017 URBAN GLADIATOR JAPAN DECEMBER 2015 | OSAKA SEOUL MARCH 2016 | YEOUIDO & NAKSAN BOHOL JULY 2016 | PART 2

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Give Me Givenchy

Despite the title, there's sadly nothing Givenchy in today's #ootd, but I wish there was! LOL Unfortunately, us mere mortals cannot afford the luxury that is designer goods. At least, not right now. #LibrengMangarap Am I right? Haha!

Anywho, while I was doing some online window shopping at ASOS which is one of my absolute favorite online stores, I found these sneakers that reminded me so much of the iconic star-studded Givenchy sneakers for a heck of a lot less for the price! Which is why it definitely pays to shop around, and ASOS could actually be your new best friend!

For those of you who don't know, ASOS is a London-based company that provides incredibly trendy clothes from tons and tons of brands that we all love, but what I especially think is cool is that they have their own line of clothes specially designed to keep up with the current trends which is so cool. Definitely a haven of look-for-less life cheats. Check them out here!


The icing on the cake is that shipping is absolutely free worldwide without any minimum purchase! For Philippine residents, if you order larger parcels like shoes, you have to pick it up at the post office corresponding to your zip code and they'll charge you a small fee, but with smaller things like watches and accessories, hopefully they'll just deliver right to your doorstep. I'm not sure as I haven't tried buying anything else other than these shoes.

Anywho, the delivery is faster than I expected as it came in less than two weeks and with the shipping free, who isn't happy with that? Definitely, you don't need to use fancy (and expensive) shipping companies quite yet with ASOS which is great!
Back to the outfit, I can't tell you how excited I was to finally wear the sneakers out, and I was surprised as to how challenging they are to style! Haha! The silver stars demand a lot of attention which is why less was definitely more. Who knew a pair of shoes could be such divas? LOL not complaining, they're so cool!


I got this denim top from Topman during their End of Season sale. I have a dangerous obsession with mandarin collars, I tell you. I love how light the color of the denim is and I can already imagine myself styling this like a bomber jacket and just layering it over a plain shirt and keeping it open for a super relaxed look!


And now, the shoes themselves! They look like a wonderful cross between Nike Jordans and Givenchy Tysons which makes them super wearable but they stand out so well! Other than that, they're pretty comfortable too and perfect for travel. The soles are surprisingly thick and sturdy. A lot stronger than most sneakers I've worn which makes me relieved because they aren't exactly cheap either at about 2000 bucks. The waiting was the worst but I was so happy and relieved when I finally got to try them on! :)

Topman shirt, Uniqlo pants, ASOS sneakers, Bench Time watch. (Hype this look on lookbook here.)

Now that school's finally started again, it's incredibly hard to readjust myself to the constant anticipation of work. It's only the first week, but as early as now, I already need to start designing a 6-unit Townhouse for one of my major subjects! It's definitely quite the change of pace since these past 2 months I've done nothing but eat and pig out at home. #Ashamed LOL

Hopefully, I can snap out of this slump soon and keep this blog running at the same time. I'm thinking of adding another entry to my Arki series, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I actually see that one through. Wish me luck! :)

Happy Sunday, guys!

18 comments:

  1. At the front view, it looks like a simple black shoes but when I saw the side of your shoes, it gives more details. I love your ootd today! Blessed Sunday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your OOTD and I love your watch too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love the sneakers that you have! Have you tried it with 1 inch insoles? They would make you taller! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sneakers look great and this is the first time I've heard of this brand/retailer. Great find!
    -Wanderer Juan

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shoes is a scene stealer as it looks really unique. You look great here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really good to know that they are shipping for free. I mean, sometimes an SF could cost P2,000 if it is from other country.. Nice shoes, but I like more your denim top! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jason! I'm just a new visitor here in your blog! Cute ng outfit mo. Nice din ng blog layout mo. Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely had heard lots of positive comments from buyers of ASOS items. The free shipping sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your shoes! I think you did a good job with the styling. Looking forward to that next arki post of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great outfit, but the sneakers really are the star of the show! They are really neat, super trendy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice outfit it really fits you and the free shipping? How cool was that?! Yeah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Denim top looks really stylish especially with black pants and fashionable shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A Stylish star is rocking :) well Fab post

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool shoes you have here! Other than your style, I like your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are awesome shoes from ASOS! I've never purchased anything from the site and I've seen a lot of fashion bloggers, esp here in the US, wear them.

    Great pick on the chambray shirt, love that. And it's the mandarin collar which sets it apart from the typical collared shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the shoes. They will look great too if you try to match it with the punk look with perhaps some eyeliner and gel-up hair?

    ReplyDelete
  17. If the shoes are not colored black, it would be not so attractive especially with stars on it. Amazing outfit Jason. And yeah libre ang pangarap!

    ReplyDelete