LOOK TO THE LIGHT | 2017 URBAN GLADIATOR JAPAN DECEMBER 2015 | OSAKA SEOUL MARCH 2016 | YEOUIDO & NAKSAN BOHOL JULY 2016 | PART 2

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Taiwan 2017 Part 5 | Puli Wine Museum & Qingjing Sheep Farm

The next day, we started at the Puli Wine Museum. Near the entrance are some remnants of the old factory that was destroyed in a major earthquake that happened long ago.

The Wine Museum is actually particularly well-known for their souvenir shop at the ground level which is just full of cool snacks and treats that are definitely worth trying but more on that later!

I decided to check out the main museum upstairs which is quite small and takes about 20 minutes to complete. Shorter if you don't like taking photos. Haha!

The exhibits start out very simple with old factory equipment displayed everywhere.

Premium wines that cost a fortune! You can actually buy them.

There's also a small tasting bar for those interested in buying their wines.

The Wine Urn and You Dialogue area is probably the most interesting part because it suddenly turns very dark and mysterious and surprisingly modern.

Old fermenting pots with beautiful unique finishes.

There's also a very fun little room called the Drunk Experience House!

After the museum, I checked out the souvenir area and was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was and different from the usual souvenir shops. I really liked the almost food court style that he shops were arranged which made it easy to check everything out and try different samples.

In the photo above is a shop that sells preserved fruit teas which I highly recommend! The lady at the gives out free sample does have a tendency to put too much of the tea in the samples though which makes them a bit too sweet for my taste. Haha! But if you buy them yourself you can just control the sweetness to your preference. I recommend the Rose Tea! :D

Of course, you've got your wines, and at good prices too!

Flavored cured meats!

You've also got a bunch of health supplements and beauty products.

My aunt recommended I try the Ailan White Liquor because of the smoothness so I did. Haha! It's quite sweet but so strong! Hahaha! Definitely something I would mix in a cocktail though~

Before leaving, I checked out the shops across the main souvenir shop and got myself some cane juice.

There's always something cool to try in Taiwan!

Before going to the next destination, we stopped by this ice cream shop called Feeling 18 Degrees which is actually the great ice cream I was talking about in my previous post!

I'm not sure what other flavor I got but I really loved the Valrhona Chocolate! Whenever I go to an artisanal ice cream shop, I always make it a point to order anything chocolate based to check the quality and this was definitely A+! It was deep and it was creamy and so good! About 100 times better than Miyahara, in my opinion. Here, they don't only sell ice cream but also chocolates! They're quite pricey though so we didn't get them. They're very reminiscent of Royce Nama Chocolates but more expensive! Huhu

We also took a quick stop by this monument during Chiang Kai Shek's presidency which was used to mark the very center of Taiwan. Our guide later told us that the true monument and true center is actually deeper into the national park and it would take forever to get there so we didn't press on. You'd have to take a long climb in the stairs behind the monument in the photo above.

Our next stop was Qingjing Farm and I honestly had no expectations of this place but I was seriously pleasantly surprised once I got in!

The scenery in Qingjing Farm is UNREAL.

It felt as if I was transported to Austria it was so beautiful!

Once you enter, you can stamp your arm to be granted access to an extended area at the end of the main park.

There's a small food park to rest in here, but we didn't get to try the food.

Obviously I made for the row of red trees first! Haha! More photos of this in my upcoming style post!

And there are tons of sheep here that you can pet and play with lol

There's also a little ampitheater for shows. We didn't stay around for it though.

At the end of the main park is a little market where you can buy fruits! At the end of this is a row of convenience stores for sheep goods!

Tried a Sheep's Milk Ice Cream! It was good and creamy but had the strange aftertaste that only goat/sheep milk had. Haha! Not bad though!

We took a quick stroll in the extended area before continuing onto the "Sky Walk"

Nothing too special about the extended park area but it was a nice little area to take photos in. Haha!

Next thing we did was the Sky Walk! It's an incredibly long walkway which brings you downhill. I'm not entirely sure why our guide made us do this but it was interesting experience? It felt needlessly long though.

The scenery would probably be nicer if it was so crazy foggy! But it was all around pleasant thanks to the chilly weather.

Finally the exit - 1.4 kilometers later! Hahaha! And that was it for Qingjing!

Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment