LOOK TO THE LIGHT | 2017 URBAN GLADIATOR JAPAN DECEMBER 2015 | OSAKA SEOUL MARCH 2016 | YEOUIDO & NAKSAN BOHOL JULY 2016 | PART 2

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Samgyupsal in UST Part 2 | Muhan Samgyupsal

The Samgyupsal craze in UST continues and this time I check out Espana Boulevard's Muhan Samgyupsal! I went here with my friends before our evening classes because there was no way we were going to be able to get a table in Samgyupsalamat in the afternoon without waiting for 4 hours. (Literally huhu) So we tried Muhan after hearing about it from a few classmates.

Right away, Muhan had a lot of promise. It reminded me so much of Seoul even to the smallest detail!

Unlimited Pork for 399, Unlimited Pork & Beef for 449. Both with a time limit of 2 hours. Slightly cheaper than Samgyupsalamat.

The side dishes were... alright. I wasn't a fan of their unmixed kimchi spring onion salad. I did like the classic Kimchi though. The fried things on the lower left are fried Korean sausages. Wasn't too keen on them either.

You can dine while watching Korean music videos. Saw Sunmi - Gashina and I'm so obsessed with it right now!

We ordered everything on the menu and I was honestly really disappointed despite the presentation. The tins that you could place on the grill looked promising but was ultimately not good at all. The meats were oddly chewy and stretchy with inconsistent flavors. The dishes I remember being good was the pork belly and beef belly while the others left me with a question mark. The service is also weird as the staff tends to hide in their corner and are not really able to keep on eye on guests who require constant cleanup and ordering new dishes. I had to keep going to their little hiding corner just to get their attention and they would look at me with half-annoyance and half-embarrassment, I don't really know. I'm not sure if Samgyupsalamat just held the bar really high but you have to wonder how that 50 peso difference in price made Samgyupsalamat about 200 times better than this joint.

I think you can dine here with just Unlimited Pork and you'd be fine and you're just really craving for Korean barbeque but have no patience to wait at Samgyupsalamat, but as for me, I was honestly saddened by the experience and highly doubt I'd return.

No comments:

Post a Comment