LOOK TO THE LIGHT | 2017 URBAN GLADIATOR JAPAN DECEMBER 2015 | OSAKA SEOUL MARCH 2016 | YEOUIDO & NAKSAN BOHOL JULY 2016 | PART 2

Sunday, September 4, 2016

July 2016 Travel Diaries | Bohol Part 1

It was yet another early morning when we were whisked to the port to ride the ferry to Bohol. I slept through most of the ferry ride and it was oddly comfortable despite the seats being just wicker.

The city of Bohol from the port side!

First stop was the Tarsier Sanctuary.

You'll find yourself in a forest with really narrow paths for you to walk. Also be careful as the ground is really slippery even if it didn't rain.

First time seeing Tarsiers!

You can only look but you can't touch them or else they'll kill themselves out of fear.

So adorable!

Next was lunch it was an unexpected experience.

It was a river cruise with lunch! I've never tried this setting in the Philippines before so I was pretty excited.

It was pretty relaxing but also a bit hot. I've been on so many river cruises like this that it wasn't really new to me. There weren't really any particular sights to see either. It's just a nice little cruise around the river.

And then it started to rain. That's when the cruise became incredibly pleasant. It was so cool and we also had a guitarist on board so he performed while we had lunch.

Probably the most relaxing part of the trip.

Next up was the famous Chocolate Hills! I only remember reading about this place in textbooks so it was exciting to finally visit.

Even when you're still climbing up towards the observatory, you can already see the beautiful hills :)

Believe me when I say the walk up is quite long, but it isn't a difficult climb. The steps are rather low so it's easy to go up.

Finally, the observatory!

Perfect for post cards!

Since it rained. we didn't go into the famous man-made forest of Bohol anymore so we all agreed to just take dramatic photos outside the entrance. Haha!

Sadly though, my dramatic shot was blurred. Oh well, it will probably look good on Instagram. Haha!

Next stop is the Clarin Ancestral House! Another prominent family during the Spanish era.

We were led to the Cafe area where listened to the tour guide's lecture. It dragged, to be honest. This is why I really prefer to travel alone but you really can't help traveling like this in the Philippines.

We then visited another ancestral home but it's still really being used to this day. The family was also so kind to let all 36 of us go up and down their house.

There were tons of dogs too! I'm sure there were at least 12 of them in the backyard. So adorable!

A painting of the house when it was still new.

Baclayon Church is the last place we visited that day. Sadly, photography isn't allowed in their museum so this is where Part 1 ends.

Stay tuned for Part 2 of my Bohol travels! :)

8 comments:

  1. I remember when I visited Bohol. My mother was born there so I was excited. I went on the river cruise, too. I liked the men who were singing with the guitars. It was my first river cruise so I thought it was pretty awesome. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always nice visiting Bohol. I've also seen the Tarsiers on my several visits in Bohol as well as enjoy Loboc river and the churches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bohol is really a beautiful island with unique gifts of nature and culture. Too bad the old churches have been damaged by earthquake, but I am glad the tarsier and Chocolate Hills are still there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful travelog! I so would love to visit this place. Refreshing cruise it must be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! It's such a relaxing place to go to with many lovely sights. I wouldn't mind going to that tarsier sanctuary, it would be nice to learn more about these adorable creatures. I am a little curious about the fact that they kill themselves out of fear, they're so fragile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! It's such a relaxing place to go to with many lovely sights. I wouldn't mind going to that tarsier sanctuary, it would be nice to learn more about these adorable creatures. I am a little curious about the fact that they kill themselves out of fear, they're so fragile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos look so sharp and nice! This post made me look back to the time we visited Bohol. The tarsiers definitely are eye-catchers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so much into nature & I totally love your trip. The Tarsiers are just so incredible!!

    ReplyDelete