LOOK TO THE LIGHT | 2017 URBAN GLADIATOR JAPAN DECEMBER 2015 | OSAKA SEOUL MARCH 2016 | YEOUIDO & NAKSAN BOHOL JULY 2016 | PART 2

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Winter's Height

Even though I knew that it would be cold when I visited Japan, I didn't really know how cold it would be. It was my first time to experience weather that was this cold for a week, I only knew the number of the temperature and the fact that, as much as possible, I didn't want to resign myself to wearing down jackets (the winter jacket with the puffs) just to battle the cold. This is what I wore on my first real day in Japan and I think was able to manage, more or less, successfully? Read on to see more of the outfit!

Before we left, I wanted to go to H&M and get myself one of their peacoats which I fell in love with as soon as I tried it on, but it was just way too expensive at 4500 bucks! When I got home feeling defeated and honestly worried because I still didn't have a legitimate winter coat, my dad magically pulled out this beautiful trench coat he had stowed away from Zara! #MiraclesInDecember

Worn with light layers, the coat is bit big on me, but since I brought a lot of chunky knits and sweaters, it was *perfect.*

Underneath the coat I was wearing the thickest sweatshirt tee I own from Straightforward! Even when I got it way back I was already thinking how awesome it would look layered on a black undershirt during colder times. I was half-hoping it wouldn't be so cold so I can sport the look the entire day without needing a coat.

Underneath, I wore UNIQLO's Heat Tech thermal shirts which are awesome, by the way, and are honestly a winter must-have. If it wasn't so windy that day, I'm pretty sure I could have managed without my coat. I'm looking forward to trying out the Extra Heat version which was just recently released!

Travel bag for the entire trip was my trusty Izzoshop Charlie bag! So convenient and so durable. It fit my DSLR, scarf, gloves, hygiene kit, and still had room for a bottle of water!  When I just have my mirrorless camera with me, this bag can hold about twice the amount of stuff.

Unquestionably the best pair of shoes I have. So comfy and so stylish, you can be sure that anywhere I go in the world, this would be in my luggage. Haha!

ZARA Man trench coat, Izzoshop Charlie messenger bag, Straightforward sweatshirt tee, UNIQLO Heat Tech Undershirt, Palladium boots, OXYGEN Paris watch.

Would you try this winter look?

21 comments:

  1. Shoes! Shoes! Shoes! They are awesome! Overall, nice look. And yes, I would definetely love to try this look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which cam you use Jason?! Pics are Super awesome..and the clothes and shoes too. Going to show this post to my hubby as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a Canon EOS 40D for my outfit shots :)

      Delete
  3. Great pictures man. Sure looks cold there. Love the gear you're wearing. Have fun there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your coat. And your shoes are perfect for traveling! That's a really nice travel outfit, especially if you're going to a lot of walks/tours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kinda miss the trench coat look. You look so stylish here specially with the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just came from Japan myself and it is very cold there. I also do not like the heavy down jackets. So I just put on several layers, but my outer coat is only an Americana coat or regular leather jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jason love your shoes and the colour is awesome. They goes so well with any casuals and denims.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your OOTD! As much as I love summer, I enjoy winter too because I can layer clothes and wear really nice jackets, I did this when I was in Hong Kong :) How cold was it in Japan?

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your trench coat! i have something quite similar, but in navy. and it's such a warm woolen coat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like the last photo where all the trees are bare and you are right in the middle. The picture composition is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always a fan on long, black wool jackets. I so badly wanted to gift one like this for my guy, but he just said NO....

    ReplyDelete
  12. perfect ootd. very light yet comfy and thermal sweats are great. how cold was it when you were in Japan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The temperature never went more than 13 degrees celsius and believe me, it was so cold that you needed three layers at least! :O

      Delete
  13. Wow I like your winter jacket, its classic and versatile. The boots also hyped up the whole looks. Nice combination.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the attire! Definitely rocking that jacket perfectly. Awesome shots too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm like you. I hate those puffer jackets but I always need to have one for those really cold winters. Loving the entire outfit and I love Palladium shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The messenger bag is cool! I like to have that because it is very handy and I love leather so much.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That trench looks super fine! Plus it goes well with the shoes. Love the shoe very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, just those layers in winter? I just came back from Korea and i wore about 2 layers of thermal shirts and a parka with shearling inside. lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The trench coat looks indeed great. I spent a lot of time looking for a similar one for my husband. But this clothing item adds style to any look ;)

    ReplyDelete