LOOK TO THE LIGHT | 2017 URBAN GLADIATOR JAPAN DECEMBER 2015 | OSAKA SEOUL MARCH 2016 | YEOUIDO & NAKSAN BOHOL JULY 2016 | PART 2

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Return To ZIG Cocoiro: Real Brush Tip Refill Review

I've recently lost my pencil case in school and I've never been so devastated. All my pens were there, from my mechanical pencils, ballpens,erasers, and even my ZIG Cocoiro Brush Pen and Cartoonist Mangaka Flexible Pen. *Tears*

Taking this as a chance to revamp my arsenal better than it ever was! First step, getting myself a new Cocoiro Lettering Pen but this time, trying out the real brush tip! Read on to see my experience with it. :D



Same drill, you take it out of the packaging and insert the refill into the body. This time, I got the body in Watermelon and it's just so pretty and vibrant! The brush tip this time is a legit nylon fiber brush.


The brush tip this time is really soft unlike the super fine tip which can totally double as a thick tipped ballpen because of the hard nib.

Also been listening to Bossypants by Tina Fey which is just about the funniest book *ever* and this was the inspiration for this sample I did with the ZIG Kuretake Cocoiro Lettering Pen. Also, aside from being a pocket brush pen that's easy to use, I've also found it's perfect for shading walls in the plans that I design for school. In fact, I think I've been using it more for this purpose! Haha!

All in all I'm really happy with this brush tip! But I do miss my old super fine tip. I might buy another set for the super fine tip someday soon! Got this from Craft Carrot for 175PHP (Real Brush Refill) and 75PHP (Body). :D

20 comments:

  1. I do not understand any of this because I'm such a layman when it comes to this...but I'm sure you're giving pretty decent tips over here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brush pens are so cool. Even if I don't know where to use it, I'm thinking of getting one for myself. Funny, I know. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the refills, is it the same for the different refillable brushes, or just for the cocoiro? I'm thinking of buying a brush pen soon and looking for more economical options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only for the Cocoiro. I think the Cocoiro is the only refillable Kuretake brush pen. :O

      Delete
  4. Sad to hear that you lost your pencil case. Swerte naman nakakuha nyon. Bro, parang alienated na ako sa mga drawing pen. Nevertheless, that Cocoiro seems a good choice. Magkano yan bro?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The body itself is 80PHP while the refill is 150PHP :)

      Delete
  5. I do not think I will ever buy a pen like this, but learning about them from you is very informative. There are so many products outside our frame of interest that we do not know exist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really would be the authority on brush pens. This looks to be flexible for several brush stroke sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So the refill protrudes on its end? Anyway, I have always wanted to buy a cocoiro pen. I planned to buy last June but the NBS branch I went to did not have it. I guess I have to buy online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a bit odd. I don't think it's available in any NBS yet :(

      Delete
  8. I remember I also did some scribbling (wasn't caligraphy or something), and yeah, I created something like that above. Interesting pen/brush! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to see your detailed post about the pen and they look so beautiful but don't think that I will buy them as hardly know how to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks really cool with a brush tip. Would love to try using it but I don't think i will ever buy one because I don't do calligraphy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Calligraphy art is now so trendy and it help to boost the stationery industry also. I like this Zig Cocoiro brush

    ReplyDelete
  12. You must have a collection of those. And to lose, is really heartbreaking. But a chance for you to start a new collection by then.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loaing your pencil case is really devastating. You invest money on those pens and im pretty sure its about a thousand worth of pens inside.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your quote! There's no mistakes, just happy accidents. Not sure how happy every mistake will be, but it's definitely a very positive look at problems!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I have to experience it to understand it more. Been wanting to try these art classes but perhaps I need more practice. Didn't know the ends of the pens really mattered but good to know now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. People who are into calligraphy would surely drool on this. :) Perhaps I'll buy one for my artistic daughter

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seeing such reviews makes me want to pick a pen - any pen - and start draw. It looks like a nice and useful product.

    ReplyDelete